Melanie Estrada

Melanie Estrada, Managing Editor

Melanie Estrada is an International Baccalaureate (IB) sophomore at Coral Gables Senior High who really loves to be a part of CavsConnect as the site's managing editor. Estrada attended Auburndale Elementary and Ponce de Leon Middle, where she was greatly involved in school activities and now wants to continue that trend throughout high school. Outside of school, Melanie loves to travel. She's visited places like the Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Cuba, France, Italy, Switzerland, and Chicago. Some of her favorite pastimes include studying, volunteering with the United Way and she hopes that soon she will be able to volunteer at Nicklaus Children's Hospital. Melanie finds joy in spending quality time with her friends and family. She is involved in amazing clubs such as the International Baccalaureate Honor Society (IBHS), Gables Medical Leaders (GML), Gables Earth, and the National Honor Society (NHS). She also hopes to make the best out of her high school experience and do so while maintaining a high GPA. Furthermore, she jumps to the opportunity to do anything different that may help her become a better student. When she is given the opportunity to do just that, she enjoys every second of it. In the future, Estrada hopes to one day become a successful cardiologist to save lives!

All content by Melanie Estrada
IB merch sales collections will be held between November 13 and 14 during both lunches!

IB Merch Order Form 2019-2020

Melanie Estrada, Managing Editor
Nov 13, 2019
Taylor releases Me with Brendan Urie which now has over 113 million views.

Let’s Talk About “Me”

Melanie Estrada, Managing Editor
Apr 26, 2019
The Sweetener album is  very different compared to the other albums.

Sweetness for the Ears

Melanie Estrada, Staff Writer
Nov 6, 2018
Thinking about what to do for your quinces? You can take a trip, have a party and even go on a cruise!

Quinces with a Choice

Melanie Estrada, Staff Writer
Aug 16, 2018
Load More Stories

Activate Search
Melanie Estrada