How To: Brighten Up A Rainy Day

Nicolas Schmidt, Staff Writer

Have your plans ever been foiled by the rain that comes out of nowhere in Miami? Do not let weather prevent you from enjoying your day! Here are a few things that you can do on a rainy day:

Movie Night or Day:

Don’t let rain ruin your plans to go out with your friends. Have your friends go to your house, and enjoy watching tons of movies with your friends! You could watch almost any movie on Netflix or Hulu. However, this is not limited to movies, if you have a new season of your favorite show to watch, this is the time to do it. Here are some examples of what you can watch:

Follow Harry Potter's adventures in Hogwarts
harrypotter.wikia.com
Follow Harry Potter’s adventures in Hogwarts

– Revisit Harry Potter’s adventures at Hogwarts

– Watch the Star Wars Trilogy

– Watch Marvel films

“I loved the Lord of the Ring movies and I would definitely watch them again on a rainy day,” freshman Julius Telleria said.

Have Fun With Food:

Everybody likes to eat, so take the day to have a great time cooking all of the recipes you always dream about. There are plenty of recipes that you can find online! Here are a few hand-picked recipes that you could make when the weather strikes:

Here is a picture of one of the ten recipes available at the website.
http://bakerbettie.com/
Here is a picture of one of the ten recipes available on the Web.

– Cookies: Probably the most obvious option on this list. On the web, there are plenty of unique recipes for cookies that you probably haven’t tried. Here is a website that provides several cool, new recipes for cookies.

– Cinnamon Rolls: Though they might seem hard to make, they are not. They take a while but they are delicious and well worth the wait. This website provides you with the recipe and a video explaining how to make them.

– Cupcakes: Like cookies this is a pretty evident one. However, it is a very delicious choice and there are plenty of different recipes to choose from. This website gives you ten awesome recipes for cupcakes.

Here are the delicious s'more brownies. I'm sure you would make them even if it weren't raining.
halfhourmeals.com
Here are the delicious s’more brownies. I’m sure you would make them even if it weren’t  raining.

– S’more Brownies: Yes, there is a recipe for such a thing. This delicious serving will leave you wanting more every time. Here, you can see exactly how to do the easy recipe.

– Bake a Cake: If you want to tackle something a little more complicated, a cake might just be the thing for you. Cakes are delicious and even if it does not come out exactly like expected it will most likely still be good. Here are 10 good recipes for cakes.

Game Day Galore:

Of course primary choices are video games, card games, etc. But if you are looking for something more unique here are a few examples:

– Treasure Hunt: Find out how well you or your friends know your own house with this fun idea.

Here is an example of what you could do with just few sheets.
healthyrams.wordpress.com
Here is an example of what you could do with a few sheets and pillows.

– Indoor Camping: Make a tent using household items like sheets, and “camp in” for the night.

– Pillow Fight: Sure it might not seem as unique as the other two, but it is the most entertaining. Though it is quite short-term, and could cause a need for new pillows but it is worth it!

The next time it is raining outside, do not use this as an excuse to not have fun. There are several things that you can do in order to have fun when the weather foils your plans.