Go Clean! Go Green!

Take+care+of+your+planet%21+Be+one+to+make+a+difference.+

Albany Muria

Take care of your planet! Be one to make a difference.

Albany Muria, Staff Writer

Helping out mother nature at least one day a year doesn’t sound that hard, right? Try your best to help the environment that provides you with some of the most important essentials you need to live; try something such as not littering-it makes a huge difference.

“Earth day is a day that we all get to sit back and admire what a grey resource the earth is; a lot of people don’t understand how important it is to conserve the only planet we know that conserves life,” junior Michelle Robles said.

There’s Two! Most of the materials and tools we use daily can either be used twice or have another side to them. We use hundreds of sheets of white paper in a school year. For Earth Day try to tear the paper in half if you know for sure the assignment won’t take up the whole paper. Make sure this is perfectly fine with your teacher.

Use your Feet! If you live 5 minutes from school, don’t be afraid to get your legs working instead of using a car. Not only is walking, or biking good for the environment, but it’s also extremely healthy for your body.

“I bike home everyday. I do it for our planet, and it’s also a great way to admire trees,” freshman Thomas Martinez said.

Minimum Flow! Turn off the faucet when you aren’t using water! You can save water and money by turning off the faucet while brushing your teeth, or scrubbing your hands with soap.

Plant a Tree! Who doesn’t love trees? Trees aren’t only beautiful, but they also provide us with oxygen. Planting a tree only takes about 10 minutes, don’t miss out!

Join the Earth Club! The club Gables Earth takes part in helping our environment all-year round. They have not only cleaned up the IB patio, but they have also contribute to our community’s well being.

Whether it’s turning off the lights or as simple as walking home from school, all these add up to make a difference. Gather some friends to appreciate and help out mother earth together!