Deflate Gate: The Aftermath

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/this-is-how-the-nfl-let-deflate-gate-get-so-out-of-control-and-ridiculous-200459796.html

The New England Patriots manager and the commissioner of the NFL after the Deflate Gate consequences were announced.

Robert DeDonatis, Staff Writer

On May 11, the National Football League (NFL) announced that it has officially suspended Tom Brady without pay for four games of the upcoming season. The Patriots will also be fined $1 million and lose their first round pick in the 2016 NFL draft, along with their fourth round pick in the 2017 NFL draft. The NFL also announced a three-day appeal deadline for charges against Brady specifically according to the 2011 collective bargaining agreement, and a deadline of May 21 for charges against the team. Tom Brady’s manager stated earlier this week that they will be trying to appeal the penalties.

In the Patriots game against the Colts, which would decide if they were making the trip to the Super Bowl, the Patriots were accused of deflating the footballs so that they would be easier for the receivers to catch. The team was found guilty of this “trick” and has thus been called “The Deflatriots”.

“In my opinion, yes what the patriots did was wrong, and yes actions needed to be made to punish them. For the most part the punishment was proper, but I don’t think they needed to take away there 2017 4th round draft pick, it just seems unnecessary,” freshman Zac Grand said.

With the appeal process still in debate over Brady’s suspension (although most are against him getting off easy), the teams penalty appeal has been, well… appealed by the Patriots owner in hopes that this will make it more likely for Brady’s appeal to be a success.