The Salty Donut: Worth a Visit?

Mia Cabrera

The Salty Donut offers a wide variety of flavors and options.

Mia Cabrera, Staff Writer

Offering some of the best gourmet donuts, The Salty Donut is a consistently delicious Miami-native sweet shop. Ordering from The Salty Donut is never a disappointment, but rather far from that actually, as every bite taken from one of their donuts is a bite of pure bliss.

In addition to a constant menu, The Salty Donut introduces several new flavors a month, always leaving customers on the edges of their seats wondering what will come out next. With such a vast variety of donuts to try, appealing to all different flavor palettes, there is most definitely a donut for everybody. Some of their menu choices include Dulce de Leche Churro, Cocoa Puffs, Butterbeer and Bourbon Caramel Cheesecake. For special events like holidays or the Super Bowl, they will bring out specialized flavors like Brown Butter Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving, Toasted Eggnog for Christmas, champagne for New Years and Chocolate Raspberry for Valentine’s Day. They also have vegan and gluten-free options available, such as Peach Cobbler or Blueberry Crumble.

“I would love to try The Salty Donut. Their donuts always look so good and everyone I know that’s tried them has raved about them,” sophomore Alejandra Torres said.

What really makes The Salty Donut stand out though is not just their creative flavors, but the quality of the donuts themselves. So far, they have not had one bad donut out on their menu. The taste of their donuts is always spectacular, with several different components to each donut that tie in together to make a perfect medley of flavors in your mouth. Not just that, but their donuts are baked to perfection, a cake-like texture that finds a way to be the perfect balance between dense and fluffy. And just considering the visual aspect, every donut they make is decorated beautifully. Whether it be crystalized sugar designs on top or beautiful works of coating, it almost becomes a shame to eat them due to how pretty they look.

Ever since I first heard about The Salty Donut, I loved it. Their range of donuts really appealed to me and so did their branding. Overall, I would recommend this shop to anyone who’s looking for something different than the typical doughnut shop,

— sophomore Sofia Rodriguez

Not only are the donuts themselves delectable, but the experience of going is a great one in general too. Their shops are beautiful and in great locations, making for an enjoyable dining experience. With home-y decor and lots of places to sit, their South Miami shop is a great storefront to go to to sit down and enjoy a donut. Their Wynwood storefront does not have sitting inside, just a few tables outside, making it an easy take-out spot. The Salty Donut also has pop-up locations on the University of Miami campus and on Lincoln Road, serving donuts to customers out of a miniature trailer decorated to fit their aesthetic.

It is pretty safe to say that The Salty Donut is not just any other donut shop. Every time they bring out a new flavor, they never fail to live up to their expectations and in most cases, will even surpass them. Anyone who visits their shops can tell that The Salty Donut is very dedicated towards putting out amazing donuts and leaving their customers with a great experience.