Tanya Roberts Passes Away at 65

Patrick Heydasch

Tanya Roberts, bond girl, has recently passed away at the age of 65.

Patrick Heydasch, Staff Writer

Tanya Roberts, known for playing famous roles as a Bond girl in “A View to a Kill” and Midge Pinciotti on “That ’70s Show,” passed away at the age of 65 due to a urinary tract infection. She died at her home in Los Angeles.

Tanya Roberts’ partner, Lance O’Brien, mistakenly said Roberts had died on Jan. 4, 2020 after she had collapsed in her home. O’Brien reportedly took Roberts to the hospital after she collapsed and her publicist mistakenly announce that she had passed. This caused news outlets to prematurely report her death.

O’Brien was unable to visit Roberts in the hospital due to COVID-19 restrictions. Fortunately, he was able to say his final goodbye on Sunday. “She was my soulmate, she was my best friend, I was expecting her to come home,” O’Brien said.

Roberts’ most prominent role was playing the geologist and Bond girl Stacey Sutton in “A View to a Kill.” In the star studded movie, she aids James Bond, played by Roger Moore, and becomes a target of the main villain, Max Zorin. Britt Ekland, a Bond girl, led tributes to Roberts by saying, “Rip Tanya Roberts, once a Bond Girl always a Bond Girl!” Ekland played Mary Goodnight in “The Man with the Golden Gun.”

Roberts’ was a member of an exclusive group of actresses who starred as the side character to James Bond giving the series international mystique. Nearly every James Bond actor is from the United Kingdom; however, Bond girls come from around the world. The diverse nationalities of the adds another layer to the movies.

“Tanya as a Bond girl is pretty memorable. It was cool to see how well she acts and was a part of the James Bond series,” sophomore Luis Tobar said.

The actress also starred in the films “The Beastmaster” and “Hearts and Armour.” She also replaced Shelly Hack in the TV series “Charlie’s Angels.” where she played Julie Rogers, a strong and unique character.

Roberts’ role in “That ’70s Show” as Midge, who was the mother to Donna’s character, was well known and liked for her character. The show’s actors paid their respects to Tanya Roberts, calling her a unique and delightful person to work with.

“It’s pretty sad to hear about her death. I liked her in “That ’70s Show.” Her character was extremely lovely and enjoyable,” sophomore Nathaniel Leiva said.

The actress is well known and beloved by many actors, actresses and fans. Roberts’ legacy in the acting world will be remembered for generations to come.

[powr-twitter-feed id=5734ecd8_1612230011970]