A Successful Cavalier Club Fair Hits the Gym!

Emma Garcia

Senior Sophia Campos promotes Future Educators of America (FEA).

Emma Garcia, Staff Writer

This year’s Club Fair was jam-packed with dozens of great clubs. Hundreds of students came and visited each booth on Sep. 13 and signed up to get involved in the clubs of their interest. As students walked into the gym, they were greeted by live music being played by the Spanish Honor Society, costumed performers promoting Gables Players and a variety of eye-catching stands drawing visitors to learn about each group.

Each booth had its own theme and a few, such as Future Educators of America, Gables Medical Leaders and Mu Alpha Theta Mathematics Honor Society even had activities and candy to give out to students who signed up.

Besides the candy, Best Buddies and the Wizards (Weekly Interactive Zone for Arts, Recreation and Design) club had activities for anyone who wanted to participate. The former had a very decorative fall-themed bean bag toss, and the latter had a Nintendo Switch to play games with against friends. Wizards’ club sponsor, Mr. de Armas, even made an appearance to read tarot cards for other students.

“Seeing how nicely decorated each booth was and how enthusiastic the board members were really made this a fun experience,” junior Laila Moussa said.

While the Club Fair is traditionally held outside of the gym in the open area near the pavilion, ongoing construction required that it be moved indoors this year. Despite being moved from its typical location, the 2019 Club Fair was not only just as enjoyable, but also as organized as it has been in previous years.

“I thought it was more organized in the gym because last year it was hard to find every club one was looking for,” sophomore Julian Mesa said.

Overall, this year’s edition of Club Fair was a huge success and it definitely helped many students at Gables join a club –  or multiple ones – that fit their unique interests!

• Seniors Ivan Cajina, Lia Rodriguez and Adrian Vidal dress up for the Gables’ Players club.

• The team in the Engineering Club shows off what their robot can do.

• The Future Educators of America (FEA) board members demonstrate why students should join their club.

• Senior Alejandra Cano intrigues students to join the Science National Honor Society with their fun and decorative poster.

• New club Gables’ Medical Leaders shows what their club is all about with a decorative and informational poster board..

• The Spanish Honor Society at Club Fair played live music through both sessions of Club Fair, using a different array of instruments to do so.

• Mr. de Armas reads a student’s tarot cards for the Wizards Club.

• The Best Buddies Club plays a bean bag toss game with students.

• Mr. Sanchez promotes his club, The Spanish Honor Society.

• Senior Bridget Babani encouraging people to join Gables’ Players.

• Gables Cheerleaders show their school spirit during Club Fair.

• Senior Daniel Toll proudly shows off his Unified Champion Schools Club poster.

• Through a very Italian-themed poster, the Italian Club shows why joining their club is a must-do.