Seniors Bring Gables Spirit for Their Final Year

Gabriela Blanco
Seniors Antonio Rodrigues, Mauricio Quesada and Roberto Sosa show their Cavalier pride by dressing up for their last “Twin Day”.

As seniors began to reminisce on their memories made throughout the past four years, they dressed up following the themes assigned Mon. Apr. 8, through Fri. Apr. 12. They celebrated their final year with a spirited week of fun dress-up days, capping it off with their long-awaited prom.

The week kicked off on Monday, Apr. 8, with a “Red Out” for the senior pep rally. The halls were washed in a sea of red as the class of 2024 showed their Gables pride by wearing their brightest and most spirited red outfits. Red t-shirts, scarves and all kinds of red accessories could be spotted as the soon-to-be graduates made their way to the gymnasium for the pep rally. The energy elevated as the seniors cheered on their friends who danced on stage and kept the pep rally going. That day was filled with laughter, cheers and plenty of high fives as the class of 2024 came together one last time before the school year concluded.

“I had so much fun dressing up for our last pep rally with my friends. Everyone was decked out in red and we all had such a good time. It was a very bittersweet feeling,” senior Karen Palavecino said.

Tuesday, Apr. 9, was “Twin Day” and students showed up to school in an array of matching outfits with their friends. Best friends, siblings and even classmates who decided to coordinate at the last minute all looked alike as they navigated the halls. Some students came to school dressed up as their favorite teachers, and some as security guards.

“As a junior, this week had me so excited for next year as a senior. I’m looking forward to dressing up with my friends and showing off our school spirit for one last time,” junior Melissa Sosa said.

“Twin day was my favorite out of all of them because it was a fun theme and I really enjoyed twinning with my friends. It was a nice way to end off my senior year,” senior Giancarlo Ayala said.

Which was your favorite day of Spirit Week?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

For “Senior Citizens Day” on Thursday, Apr. 11, the seniors went all out with their costumes. Gray wigs, thick glasses and canes were seen throughout the school as the students transformed themselves into old ladies and gentlemen. Teachers struggled to hold back laughter as their senior students shuffled in and out of class, convincingly playing the part of senior citizens.

“I liked the ‘senior citizens’ day the most because I think the idea is super cute and me, my boyfriend and my best friend all dressed up as senior citizens. Of all days, it was the most creative,” senior Nina Faraldo said.

The grand finale of the spirit week was “Senior Royalty Day” on Fri. Apr. 12. By the time Fri. rolled around, the seniors were riding high on their spirited week. The hallways were filled with tiaras, long dresses and flowing capes as the seniors showed up in their most regal attire. Students took turns posing at the photo booth, eagerly awaiting their turn to be crowned king or queen for the day. With their senior spirit week behind them, the graduating class is more excited than ever to make the most of their final year at Gables.