And The Winner Is… Donald Trump

Laura Rico

Soon to be President, Donald Trump accepts his victory!

Mia Galex, Staff Writer

On Tuesday, Nov. 8., Republican Donald J. Trump was elected 45th president of the United States.  However, the outcome of the election was completely unexpected, leaving millions of Americans shocked and wondering how the country could instantly change forever.  The 2016 election has been the most polarizing, populist campaign to ever take place in the country.

The results of the election were announced around at 3 a.m. on Wednesday when Mr. Trump, a former real estate developer and reality television star, lost the popular vote by 219,762 meager votes, a 47.7%- 47.5%.  Contrarily, Mr. Trump won 279 of the electoral votes while his ruthless opponent Hillary Clinton won 228 votes.

For many people, this election was the lesser of two evils. I do not support many of Hillary’s decisions including her choices regarding Benghazi, making Trump my preferred candidate.

— junior Joseph Vega

During Mr. Trump’s speech, he referenced a phone call from Secretary Clinton, who congratulated him on his victory.  He returned the favor by congratulating her on her impressive stamina and family. Later on, he expressed his prominent desire to put thousands of the American people to work expanding the country’s infrastructure which will be “second to none.”

“Now it is time for America to bind the wounds of division,” stated Mr. Trump, as he talked about doubling the size of America’s economy and turning it into the best in the world.  Considering Mr. Trump’s vast experience in business, turning the American economy around should not be a difficult task.

“Although Hillary Clinton won the majority vote, Donald J. Trump took the presidency with the majority electoral college vote. I feel extreme despondency with his victory.  Although the outcome was not as favorable as many wanted it to be, we must still bear with the soon to be President that America elected and move past this tragedy,” sophomore Alain Perez said.

Taking into account Mr. Trump’s many business entanglements many United States citizens continue to share mixed feelings on what effects the election will have on most people.  However, one thing is for sure, the next four years will reimagine the standards needed to take on the most important role in the country.