Thor: Love & Thunder: Expect Jane Thor

Marvel Studios via Creative Commons

Thor: Love and Thunder was initially supposed to be released in Nov. 2021.

Maria Odio, Staff Writer

Expected Release Date: February 11, 2020
Cast: Chris Hemsworth (Thor Odinson), Christian Bale (unknown villain), Natalie Portman (Jane Foster) and Tessa Thompson (Valkyrie)
Genre: Fantasy/Adventure

The fourth installment in the Thor franchise is expected to start its pre-production in Mar. and begin filming during Aug. in Australia. Chris Hemsworth will return to the movie as Thor but if the script for the movie is based on the original comics Jane Foster will become the goddess of thunder.

Jane Foster has been a part of the Marvel Universe since the first Thor movie was in production. After her absence in “Thor: Ragnarok”, she will become the female lead in this tetralogy. Based on Jason Aaron’s “The Mighty Thor” Jane will become the female version of Thor and wield the power of Mjölnir.

In the comics, Thor believes that he is no longer worthy to lift Mjölnir allowing Jane to give it a try. She then becomes female Thor, even though she is dealing with cancer. The more she tried to save the world and wield Mjölnir the worse her cancer got. Thor (Chris Hemsworth) does not receive his powers from Mjölnir however in the comics Jane does.

Jane is granted all of Thor’s powers, which canceled out her chemotherapy; her cancer then could not be cured, since it was caused by natural forces. Taika Waititi, director of Thor: Ragnarok and scriptwriter of Thor: Love and Thunder is still unsure if this storyline will be included in the final adaptation of the movie. Besides being the scriptwriter for this movie he is also the film director and the voice behind returning character Korg.

“I am so excited for the release of ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’. The plot of the movie sounds so interesting and I cannot wait until I can see it. I am also looking forward to seeing Natalie Portman’s performance as she picks up the hammer and becomes the goddess of thunder,” freshman Alexandra Roa said.

“Thor: Love and Thunder” will also pick up where “Avengers: End Game” left off. Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) also known as Brunnhilde will remain as king of Asgard. Thor Odinson is still a part of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Vin Diesel (voice of Groot) has confirmed the return of the Guardians of the Galaxy in this movie.

It is also very likely Bruce Banner (Mark Russalo), Hulk will either have a cameo or a small part in the movie as well. As for the new characters ex-Batman sensation, Christian Bale has been confirmed as the antagonist of the movie but who he will play as is still a mystery.

“I love Taika Waititi, the director. He did a great job in the third Thor and ‘Jojo Rabbit. ’I love how there’s going to be a female equivalent for Thor,” senior Isabella Rodriguez said.

This sequel to “Thor: Ragnarok” will not be like the previous movies. There will be massive changes, additions and plots twists, for a storm is brewing in this Marvel universe.

[powr-instagram-feed id=d8b8603a_1603589414840]