A New Milestone in their Lives

Albany Muria- Staff Writer, Rachel Hernando, Orestes Gonzalez- Photographers

Graduation: the most anticipated day for the Class of 2014 finally came to be on May 27, 2014. Memories from the first day of their freshman year to the night of the Prom were all brought together by smiles and tears.

As the class of 2014 walked in with their corresponding academy, the faces of all the parents at the stands lit up. Once everyone was seated, the opening remarks were given by Raquel Regalado, who shared her intriguing secrets to success.The Superintendent, Alberto Carvalho, said a few words to the seniors and thanked them for their outstanding work all 4 years.

To spice up the afternoon with a personal touch, the senior class president Cole Scanlon and student council president Patricia Passwaters gave a heart warming speech of their experience being proud Cavaliers.

“I wanted to give a speech that my classmates were able to relate to. It explained my fears throughout high school, which is something we all had in common. I wanted to deliver the message that they should not let fear discourage them, but use it as a motivation. I feel like college will be the best years of my life, but in order for that to be possible, the four years at Gables had to be unforgettable. My experience at Gables is irreplaceable and will always have a place in my heart,” Patricia Passwaters said.

Before the conferring of diplomas, our very own Principal Adolfo Costa addressed the accomplishments made by the Class of 2014, including top universities students will attend. Each senior was then called to the stage to receive their well-deserved and longed for diploma. 

“It was such a special moment to see them at a culminating point in their lives. They will be moving on, hopefully to bigger and better things. I am really proud of all the seniors, and I wish them all the best,” Ana Zuniga, CAF&DM Academy Leader said.

Closing remarks given by Costa once again included a touch of a sentimental goodbye to the fellow graduating class. The ceremony finished off with the reciting of Alma Mater and a heartwarming “Always remember, Go CAVS!”

Even though the Class of 2014 are now considered alumnus and are continuing their lives to a successful future, their hearts will always remain as fellow Cavaliers. We congratulate and wish them best of luck for the years to come!