Sophomore Treat Day Presents the Class of 2026 With Muffins and Starbucks

For their last treat day as sophomores, they received a classic baked good
Vivian Pritchett
Sophomores were excited to eat after they received their treats and left wondering what future snacks they would experience.

A new school year marked new treats for the Class of 2026. On March 1, sophomores made their way to the 9000 pavilion during first and second lunch to collect their treats for the second treat day of the year. Planned and executed by Student Activities members, the goal is to make sophomores feel welcomed and motivated in the school, celebrating their last treat day as underclassmen, with muffins and coffee.

Volunteers from both Interact and the Student Activities elective were seen giving out treats to eligible sophomores. (Vivian Pritchett)

“The goal of treat day is to show appreciation to the sophomores, hoping to make them feel united. It’s a way to let them know someone is looking out for them and we give back to them for their hard work,” sophomore Adrien Perez said.

Once first lunch started, sophomores made their way to the tables on the right side of the pavilion, showing their identification number. Once they passed the check-in, students were welcomed with a variety of flavors and treats.

Board members passed out chocolate chip, blueberry and coffee muffins, as well as vanilla lattes to students who had purchased the class shirt.

As lines continued to form throughout the duration of lunch, Cavaliers waited while discussing the options available, peeking at their peer’s choices. Students then sat together at lunch, enjoying the remainder of their break.

Students lined up and were seen showing board members their ID to be allowed to get their choice of muffins and coffee. (Vivian Pritchett)

“I really enjoyed the treats given out at the last two treat days. Now knowing that having a class shirt will let us get another treat, I’ll definitely buy a class shirt for future treat days,” sophomore Orly Schoolman-Wood said.

The majority of the funding for these treat days came from the sales of class shirts. Since the beginning of the school year, students were encouraged to buy these shirts by being offered an extra snack for future treat days. Funding for this event was also collected through class fees and small fundraisers.

“My favorite part about the last treat say was the vanilla lattes. I was lucky enough to have bought a class shirt in advance to be able to get one, and I would recommend it to other students so they could get extra treats too,” sophomore Oliver Angula said.

What Treat Day had the best treats?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

With the reward of an extra treat, Gables aimed to find a way to combine providing an enjoyable experience for sophomores and raising money for their affairs. Once they become upperclassmen, the now-sophomores can expect more treat days throughout the year and personalized events and activities accompanying them.

“We want the treat days to inspire students to have good attendance, good behavior and get involved within their school such as buying class shirts or pledging for upperclassmen,” sophomore Lauren Kaler said.