• GO CAVS!

Filed under Miscellaneous, Reviews

Rollin’ Down to the Farm

Knaus' famous cinnamon rolls.

Our Rating: A++

On Nov. 1, we anxiously awaited the opening of one of South Florida’s sweetest comfort spots. Crowds gather hours before the little shop opens just so they can have first dibs on the freshly baked foods. Knaus Berry Farm offers a wide range of  baked bread rolls, smoothies,  pies, jams, cookies and cakes; however, their most popular item is the delicious cinnamon roll while their most popular attraction is the strawberry field.

Knaus Berry Farm first opened back in 1956 and opens seasonally from November through mid-April, following the Redland farming season. This is one of the main reasons as to why there are hour-long lines just to buy these treats. The lines wrap around the block once, sometimes even twice, on the weekends. The farm is closed on Sundays and popular holidays, but besides those few exceptions they are open from Monday through Saturday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. They do have a rule of availability: they call it a day once the food runs out. The workers only bake in the morning since they sell out of pastries so quickly, but this also guarantees fresh pastries for sale, a nice change of pace from the standard industrial bakery that bakes throughout the day.

“When I visited with my mom, I was shocked by the simpleness of it all. Living in Kendall, I am not used to seeing the farmland. We ordered a dozen cinnamon rolls and a pecan tray, along with some smoothies for the ride back. It was the best roll I have ever eaten. I cannot wait to go back,” sophomore Laura Garcia-Ortiz said.

When visiting the Farm, there is an array of options to choose from. If you want something sweet, then definitely try the famous, mouth-watering cinnamon rolls that leave you satisfied. If you are looking to bite into something crunchy and chewy, ask for a family sized pecan roll tray. Not feeling the rolls? Not a problem. There are assorted pies such as apple, shoo-fly, pecan, key lime and guava. Talk about options! They also offer different kinds of cheesecakes and traditional cakes also made fresh in the mornings. Cakes to choose from include angel food cake, an upside down coconut pineapple cake and a black bottom cake; not only do all three cakes look amazing, but they taste heavenly. Chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, key lime and peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are also sold throughout the day as well as yummy strawberry jam. If all of these options are not appealing to your taste buds, give their crisp bread pudding a try!

If you are feeling a bit parched, try their strawberry milkshakes made with fresh strawberries that are grown right around the corner and picked fresh! They also offer ice cream for those hot Miami days. Coffee lovers need not fret either—they offer an espresso blend from Bald Bakers.

“I go regularly, or at least try to. Being a bit far I do not get to go as often as I like. What I’ll usually do is gather my friends on an early Saturday morning and drive down and try to be one of the first at the door because if not, oh boy. But trust me, it is so worth it. My favorite on the menu is the pecan rolls, although the angel cake is what I’ll usually eat at the store and save the rolls for later,” senior Angel Perez said.

The farm tries to keep it simple and only accepts cash. With prices as affordable as they are, it’s a certainty that anyone can walk away satisfied and content. This is the reason as to why hundreds of people will wake up at the crack of dawn or spend hours waiting in what seems to be a never ending line, but luckily, at the end, there are quite a few things to look forward to.

Knaus Berry Farm is definitely the place to be. For all those candied treat lovers out there, hurry on down and do not miss out!

1 Comment

One Response to “Rollin’ Down to the Farm”

1. Mister Manas on December 13th, 2017 3:38 pm

Excellent article! Great work! So proud of you!

🙂

[Reply]

• Rollin’ Down to the Farm

Miscellaneous

An In-Depth Analysis of the Delicacies and Disgraces Featured on Thanksgiving Menus

• Rollin’ Down to the Farm

Miscellaneous

Trump’s Tweet Reviews

• Rollin’ Down to the Farm

Miscellaneous

The Zombie Frappuccino: Better Left for Dead

• Rollin’ Down to the Farm

Miscellaneous

Students With School Spirit

• Rollin’ Down to the Farm

Miscellaneous

Soft or Hard Shells? Let’s Taco ‘Bout It

• Rollin’ Down to the Farm

Miscellaneous

Ben & Jerry’s vs. Whip n’ Dip

• Rollin’ Down to the Farm

Miscellaneous

The Unicorn Frappuccino: Yay or Neigh?

• Rollin’ Down to the Farm

Miscellaneous

CrashCourse: A Study Tool

• Rollin’ Down to the Farm

Miscellaneous

Board Games 101

• Rollin’ Down to the Farm

Miscellaneous

The Ebb and Flow of the Memeconomy

Rollin’ Down to the Farm