Academy of Finance – Junior Internship Night

Catherine Healy, Business Manager

On October 25th, 2016 the Academy of Finance juniors gathered at 6:00 pm in 6205 with their parents for a very important meeting to talk about one certain component in their NAFTrack certification… their internship. All AOF Juniors are required to complete a 150-hour internship (of their choice or the ones we offer to them) in a matter of 5 weeks. Students got the opportunity to hear about certain internships from providers/companies including Fit Kids, Banker’s Camp and South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union (SFEFCU). They were able to talk to each and ask questions as to what the students would gain from this experience in terms of learning and work experience. Parents also had this chance to gain insight as to how crucial it is for them to be a part of this process considering most juniors do not drive yet and will need proper attire and support.

At about 7:45pm, mini-workshop session and students went around the room to see Seniors who finished their internship and Juniors who are currently working on it. They represented companies like Banker’s Camp, Fit Kids, KPMG, Miami- Dade State Attorney’s Office, Miami-Dade County Public Schools and our own Cavalier Credit Union (SFEFCU). Ms. Carranza assisted parents in completing the required paperwork for their internship portfolio and SFEFCU opened credit union accounts. 13 Juniors got to open their account that night!

The Academy of Finance teachers and advisory board strive to bring the best opportunities and offers to its academy students. It’s a partnership between NAF, school, students, parents and the business community. The Senior class wants to and we will continue to give 110% support to all the underclassmen and the juniors to guarantee them an exciting academy experience and a paid summer internship!