Volunteer: Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care

Natalia Clement, Editor

Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern Florida is offering an altruistic volunteering opportunity offered to members in our community. General hospice care focuses on supportive provisions of comfort and quality of life to those with an advanced stage of a terminal illness; Palliative care relieves pain and symptoms and provides emotional support to those battling a serious illness. Interested students should be willing to spend some of their time supporting staff members, alongside patients and families, with administrative support.

From Music Companions to Bereavement Volunteers, a wide variety of volunteer programs are offered, such as crafting or utilizing creative talents to better the patients’ stay. This great opportunity offers hands-on experience in a professional environment and community service hours. In order to prepare volunteers, training is provided to enhance conduct in an appropriate setting, as well as to sharpen communication and presentation skills. Despite the intense training and work hours that the job entails, Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of Southern Florida is open to flexible scheduling.

If this sparks some interest, contact Caroline Blankenship, Manager of Volunteer Services, at [email protected].