GABLES SERVICE SCHOLARSHIP

This scholarship(s) is provided annually by The Key Club of Coral Gables High under the direction of The Kiwanis Club of Coral Gables. It is financed from the proceeds raised by over 1,700 Key Club Members who contributed thousands of service hours at the annual Christmas Tree Lot from 1972 to 1989. The Gables Service Scholarship is awarded annually to the graduating senior(s) who best personifies the principles of Key Club through service to their school, place of worship, community and family. Academic achievement and financial need are additional factors in the evaluation process. You do not have to be a Key Club member to be eligible.

ELIGIBILITY
All current year graduating seniors of Coral Gables High School are eligible to apply.

CONTENTS OF APPLICATION
Each candidate must submit to the committee the following information, typed or neatly printed, in one complete package.
1 – Completed Application
2 – Personal Statement – (two page max) discussing the following: community service involvement & activities (school / place of worship / family / community/ charity) personal educational goals, future plans and objectives (academic / business / professional) and need for financial assistance
3 – Complete transcript of grades through first semester, senior year.
4 – Two letters of recommendation (teachers, school official, minister/rabbi, advisor, community representative, employer)

APPLICATION DEADLINE

Completed application and all required documents must be submitted VIA EMAIL to [email protected] on or before 2:20 pm on Friday, March 15th, 2024.

The application is attached below.

GSS_application_2024