SNAP to a New Beat: 4 Snaps

4 Snaps, a new game to recently hit the apple app store, is sure to keep you and your friends entertained for hours on end.

Annie Farrell

Annie Farrell, Staff Writer

“Quick, pretend like you are eating that tree! Broccoli, Broccoli!” shouts one student. “Act like a platypus!” exclaims another. What could be the reason for all the recent gibberish being overheard in Gables hallways? After much investigating, the culprit has been determined to be 4 Snaps, an app that has just recently taken app stores by storm.

With the school year coming to a close, classes are beginning to become more and more relaxed. Classrooms have transformed into movie theaters, arcades, and sleeping quarters. However, one still cannot help being struck by boredom once in a while, and 4 Snaps has fixed that.

4 Snaps is a picture sharing game in which a player picks one of three random word choices, snaps four pictures that relate to that word, and then sends them to a friend so they can guess what the word was. Sound familiar? It should — just two years ago, a very similar game called Draw Something became very popular. Both games follow the same concept, but unlike the outdated Draw Something, 4 Snaps has managed to include nearly every teenagers’ favorite activity: taking pictures.

“[4 Snaps] is a really fun game because it is like a spinoff of Draw Something, but it is more creative because you get to take pictures of your surroundings,” freshman Sofia Quevedo said.

Words to choose from on 4 Snaps range from Halloween to bubbles. There are three levels of difficulty when it comes to choosing a word: easy, so-so, and hard. Depending on the difficulty level of a word, different amounts of coins can be earned. Coins are accumulated as one plays, and can eventually be used to purchase hints if you find yourself stumped.

“4 Snappers” can be seen scrambling around frantically to find the perfect shot to describe their word so that their partner can guess correctly. When it is finally their turn to guess, they can be found racking their brain for answers. This cycle has the potential to continue for hours and hours on end.

Like any other game, there is a way to cheat on 4 Snaps. If a player is feeling lazy, they can simply write their word down on a piece of paper and snap four lame photos of it. This type of cheating is inevitable, and there is nothing the makers of 4 Snaps can really do about it. Nonetheless, if you want to participate in a truly entertaining game, it is suggested that you refrain playing with those cheating slugs.

4 Snaps is a great way to relieve boredom and interact with your friends in an amusing way. Snap to it and download 4 Snaps today!