FIU Pre-College Summer Programs

Summer Programs Available at FIU South Campus
  1. CROP Switch-On: The CROP Switch-On Math & Science program is a 7-day residential academic enrichment program for current 9th graders that seeks to supplement academic skills and provide early exposure to the university environment while preparing students for advanced placement and dual enrollment courses. Courses including mathematics, biology, and chemistry align with the Florida Department of Education’s Next Generation Sunshine State Standards. The curriculum is intense, so only 20 students will be selected to facilitate individualized instruction. Program activities build students’ research skills, provide career exploration, encourage personal goal development, and prepare students for the college application process. A one-time fee of $30 is required once accepted.
  2. CROP Partners In Progress 1: The Partners in Progress 1 (PIP) program is hosted by the Office of Student Access & Success at Florida International University’s (FIU) Modesto A. Maidique Campus. The program aims to increase participants’ SAT Scores through intensive practice and weekly practice testing. Current 9th and 10th graders are encouraged to apply for this fantastic opportunity. Students should have a 2.0 weighted GPA and have earned at least C or higher in Pre-Algebra or Algebra I.  Application deadline: June 7, 2024. The program will begin July 1st and end the 19th. The cost of the program is $25.
  3. CROP Partners In Progress 2: Partners in Progress (PIP2) is a unique collaborative arrangement between FIU and Miami-Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS) partner schools. The program’s goal is to provide a systematic approach to developing academic skills for rising 11th – 12th graders while preparing them for college admission. Rising 11th and 12th-graders who qualify will engage in two dual enrollment college courses (six credits) as a bridging experience to the college. FIU provides scholarships to cover the cost of tuition and fees for the courses and test preparation. MDCPS provides funding for the required books. The program is offered every summer during the months of June and July. The Summer 2024 program will be offered in person on our Modesto A. Maidique Campus in southwest Miami-Dade. It will begin June 17 and end July 26. Application deadline is May 13, 2024. The cost of the program is $25.
Applications can be found here: