Crushing Hard or Hardly Crushing?

Albany Muria

Even though a broken heart isn’t easy to repair, follow these steps to move on from that heartbreaker.

Albany Muria, Staff Writer

Whether you found out your crush doesn’t like you back or you are just having a hard time getting over your ex, it can be extremely heart breaking for both girls and guys. This happens to everyone at some point in their lives, so no need to feel alone. If you’re having trouble getting over your crush, follow these steps to get over it in no time!

• Think: This is obvious, but think about how much of a difference that person has made in your life. Is he/she that important after all? You lived without him/her before, so you can sure live without them now. Think of whether it’s really worth liking a guy who doesn’t take the time of day to even think about you, or ask you how you are.

“You have to realize that you’re probably better off without them.
Usually your crush doesn’t know you like them unless you tell them, so getting over them isn’t the way to go until you know for sure that they’re not interested,” junior Sydney Campagna said.

•  Negatives: This means to point out the bad characteristics of the person to yourself. Maybe he/she never made an effort to talk to you, or maybe he/she did ‘things’ you were completely aware of. Remind yourself of the negatives every time the person pops into your head.

“Don’t let gossip and rumors get into your love life, but even though you are single, always have in mind that there is someone out there for you,” freshman Jonathan De Armas said.

• Get Entertained: Instead of thinking about your crush 24/7, take time to focus on more important tasks such as school or a sport.
  • Bye-Bye Texting: Eliminate that person from your time. Texting them will not help you in any way.
  • Keep an Open Mind: Look out for more options. Spend time with other people and get to know them better, you never know who you may crush on next.

“One way to get over a crush is start meeting new people and get a new crush,” sophomore Maya Iskandarani said.

• #StalkerStatus: Avoid continuously stalking your crush. Checking up his/her latest pictures on Instagram or tweets won’t make you get over them faster.

We have all been in a situation where our crush  doesn’t like us back. It is in fact heartbreaking, but one way or another you will have to eventually move on, and in the end, life still goes on whether that person is in your life or not.