Trump Cabinet Picks

Alexander Yagoda, Staff Writer

President-elect Trump has made many controversial picks for his cabinet. To understand his picks, here is an updated list with descriptions.

National Security AdviserMichael T. Flynn

Michael Flynn has been a longtime supporter of Mr. Trump and has been outspoken against Islam and the threat of Islamist militants, saying Islam “isn’t a religion, it’s an ideology.” He is a retired army Lieutenant General and former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency. He has also been payed by the Russian state to speak at a gala for a Russian owned media outlet, on which he makes regular appearances.

Image result for michael flynn

White House Chief of Staff: Rience Priebus

Rience Priebus has been the Chairman of the Republican National Committee (RNC) since 2011, when he took over the position from Michael Steele. Previously, he was the Chairman of the Wisconsin Republican Party and then general counsel for the RNC.

Image result for reince priebus

Chief Strategist: Stephen K. Bannon

Stephen Bannon is by far the most controversial pick on Trump’s Cabinet. Bannon was the former executive chairman for Breitbart, the alt-right media outlet. Alt-right is an abbreviation for alternative republicanism; people that claim to be alt-right think America belongs to evangelical white men.

“The appointment of Bannon I can’t defend. Even though I myself am a Trump supporter, his pick makes us look like racists,” freshman Alex Cobas said.

Image result for stupid stephen bannon

Labor Secretary: Andrew F. Puzder

Andrew Puzder’s position has yet to be confirmed by the Senate, but he is the chief executive of CKE Restaurants who own restaurants including Hardee’s, Carl’s Jr., Green Burrito and Jack in the Box. His appointment may cause a large conflict of interest within the Labor division, a department already tainted by Trump’s familial business connections.

Image result for andrew puzder

Small Business Administration: Linda McMahon

Linda McMahon was the chief executive of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), which can be called many names, but none of them being “small business.” In addition, McMahon is a failed Senate candidate from Connecticut, as well as one of Trump’s biggest campaign donors.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea because although she might have experience running a large business, she has no experience running a small business, which she will be advising the President on,” sophomore Christian  Rodriguez said.

Image result for linda mcmahon wwe

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator: Scott Pruitt

Scott Pruitt was Oklahoma attorney general, as well as a Senator from Oklahoma from 1998 to 2006. He is also a close ally to the fossil fuel business, so in the coming years, people expect little or nothing to be done within the EPA. Pruitt has called for the removal of the EPA multiple times.

Image result for scott pruitt epa

Homeland Security Secretary: John F. Kelly

John F. Kelly is a retired four-star Marine General whose son was killed in active duty in Afghanistan. He is expected to be devoted to his job, seeing as his son was killed by a landmine planted by the Taliban, and Homeland Security was founded in the wake of the 9/11 to protect the U.S. from similar terrorist attacks.

Image result for john f kelly