CAP Updates Week of 10.29.12

Students: please take a look at November’s CAP Bulletin. It is full of useful information. Please share it with your parents.

Students interested in the military may want to attend this Service Academy meeting TONIGHT. Tell your parents!

Parents: you may be interested to know that the College Board report just published a report on 2012 trends in College Pricing and Financial Aid. Please see the link for details. http://trends.collegeboard.org/?ep_ch=PR&ep_mid=10621791&ep_rid=109573092

Students: please visit this great College Week Live website for many college chats and other helpful events, for example, their Explore Canada Day on November 1st.  Online @www.collegeweeklive.com

Students: If you are interested in going to Miami Dade, this is a great way for you  to get more information about the various campuses and courses of study. Virtual Open House flyer.

Students who intend to pursue a co-op education plan in college should apply for WACE scholarships with partnered institutions. Click here to download the flyer.

Students intending to study the arts in college should attend this New World College open house on November 5thClick here to download the flyer.

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SENIORS:

Please note that we have just been informed by the College Board that from now on, we cannot distribute 4 College Application waivers to anyone who has not previously received an SAT waiver AND actually registered for or taken the test. We will now be tracking the distribution of SAT waivers and College Application waivers together. Therefore, if you request 4 College Application waivers, please make sure that you have already received an SAT waiver and that you have either registered for the test or taken the test. You must reflect this on the waiver request form. We will therefore ONLY distribute College Application waivers to those students who have fulfilled the above requirement. This rule does not affect all those who have previously received 4 College Application waivers, rather this rule is just going forth from Oct 17th 2012.  If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Stack in the CAP office.