Gables Soccer Takes on Coral Park

Cameryn Padron

The Gables boys’ Varsity team took home a 3-0 win over the Coral Park Rams.

Robert Dedonatis, Staff Writer

On Friday, Dec. 11, both the girls’ and boys’ soccer teams faced off against their Coral Park rivals. Each side managed to secure victory, and the girls’ team performance gave them two athletes of the week – Lauren Zerzner and Isabella Izquierdo.

“I thought it was a great game. We played well and managed to keep a clean sheet in the process. It is also nice because this is the second time of the season that we managed to shut them out,” sophomore Sofia Viglucci said.

The boys’ game offered a 3-0 final score for the team to go home with a well deserved victory while the girls took a 2-0 win. Earlier in the season, the girls took home a 4-0 win against the Rams while the boys got a 4-2 victory.

“I couldn’t be happier with the way my team performed; a 3-0 victory is pretty good if you ask me. I’m also glad to see the team performing well together,” senior Bruno Falconi said.

Hopefully, both of our soccer teams can keep up their luck and go as far as they can out of the regular season. Be sure to catch the boys’ team next game against American on Wednesday, Jan. 6 at Traz Powell Stadium. The girls’ team will also face off against Palmetto on Wednesday at Palmetto. Be sure to be there and support our Cavs.