SUGARCANE is a wonderful place to go to get out and try something new. (www.miamiandbeaches.com)
SUGARCANE is a wonderful place to go to get out and try something new.

www.miamiandbeaches.com

SUGARCANE Raw Bar Grill

Mar 4, 2016

Our Rating: A+

Everyone knows that if you want to try new restaurants, Midtown is the place to go. With different types of restaurants on every block, it can be hard to decide what you want. If you don’t want a full on meal, but rather small portions of different foods, SUGARCANE is just right.

At Sugarcane Raw bar and Grill their speciality is tapas where they incorporate a little bit of everything into each plate.
Kelsy Pacheco
At SUGARCANE raw bar grill their speciality is tapas where they incorporate a little bit of everything into each plate.
Aside from the main dishes, the desserts are very popular menu items
Kelsy Pacheco
Aside from the main dishes, the desserts are very popular menu items.

The rustic feel of the restaurant incorporates old Spanish architecture, but still keeps with typical historic Miami fashion. With the laid-back atmosphere, guests immediately feel welcomed as they step through the archway at the front of the restaurant.

“Honestly, I love SUGARCANE. It’s a really great restaurant. Sure, it’s a bit pricey, but it’s totally worth it. Not only is the food super good, but the place is pretty, the people there are really nice and the over all ambiance [is] very relaxing and laid back,” senior Joseph Villafañe said.

Robata (Japanese), hot and raw bar style foods all come together in a clash of cultures to make exquisite plates and unforgettable tastes. Although it is a bit on the pricy side, there are always different options depending on your budget. The restaurant even offers many vegetarian options that anyone can enjoy.

“SUGARCANE is amazing! I really loved the bacon covered dates and the corn was a little bit pricy; but it was worth it. The drinks were fabulous and the food was out of this world. Since it’s kind of [the] Wynwood area, it had such a good vibe and I love the people there and it was just a really place,” senior Patricia Llamos said.

So when visiting SUGARCANE, make sure to arrive with a big appetite, because you’ll be leaving with a full stomach after some hearty meals and snacks.