Gables Graduate Becomes Future Gator

May 30, 2023

CavsTV

Senior Isabella Morales poses with her friends at the College Signing event on Apr. 18, celebrating her admission to UF.

Outside of her involvements, Morales will additionally graduate as the top 5%, specifically the 98th percentile, of her class. Being the epitome of a well-rounded student, from academics, athletics and even involvements, Morales was accepted into multiple universities such as Northeastern University Honors, University of North Carolina Honors and the University of Miami. Ultimately, she chose to commit to the University of Florida. Staying close to home and avoiding debt was imperative in her decision to stay in-state for college. Likewise, after her time in highlights, Morales values the fact that UF is also the top school in Florida for graphic design, spurring her decision to become a Florida Gator.

“Isa has such a dynamic personality. She helps really to just create a fun environment. I think she has set an example of what can be accomplished by a student athlete. She is also absolutely amazing as a student and works just as hard, if not harder than anybody else. The impact she has on everybody is not even measurable,” Mr. Nelson said.

In college, Morales hopes to accomplish great things, learn a lot and make valuable connections. Last, Morales plans to join a UF running club and continue to play basketball on her own, never forgetting her athletics. Continuing her journey in graphic design, Morales aims to also gain experience in the world of advertisement and become a creative director for the Miami Heat. Just like she has left her mark at Gables, Morales will continue to change the lives of everyone around her.