Circle Kingsman in Gold

September 25, 2017

Release Date: September 22, 2017

Director: Matthew Vaughn

Starring: Taron Egerton (Eggsy), Colin Firth (Harry), Channing Tatum (Tequila), Julianna Moore (Poppy)

MPAA Rating: R

Our Rating: A

After all Kingsman quarters are completely obliterated by the largest drug dealer in the world (Poppy), the remaining Kingsman agents are forced to go into “Doomsday Protocol.” Eggsy and Merlin find their way to Kentucky to team up with cousin secret agency ‘Statesman.’ Bonkers. Bloody. British. Kingsman: The Golden Circle is a must see.

“Kingsman: The Golden Circle was just as good as the first movie. It’s funny, crazy, and action packed which makes it so unique” said sophomore Brianna Sarria.

Matthew Vaughn did a great job flowing the first movie, Kingsman: The Secret Service, into Kingsman: The Golden Circle. A change in villain, but similar lethal plans. Vaughn also kept the classic Kingsman animated fight scenes into The Golden Circle to continue the famous discrete killing scenes that Kingsman is known for. Kingsman makes James Bond look like an amateur. Vaughn also captures picture perfect, aesthetic and colorful shots throughout the movie.

supercinemaup.com
Colin Firth returns as Harry in the Golden Circle

Nonetheless, Kingman: The Golden Circle is not as good as Kingsman: The Secret Service. Sequels are rarely as good as the original. The Golden Circle strives to be even more over the top then The Secret Service. To make The Secret Service‘s Valentine seem less crazy, Poppy is introduced as an isolated, Elton John lover and 50’s style enthusiast drug dealer. Additionally, The Golden Circle brought back characters from the first movie that were alluded to be dead.

“The Golden Circle appeared to me to be a little bit over the top. There were some really crazy, gross scenes in the movie but, overall it was a good film,” said sophomore Kristen Sosa.

“Manners Maketh Man.” Kingsman: The Golden Circle was well thought out and creates an exciting action and comedy film that you cannot miss.

CavsConnect • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in