Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

April 25, 2016

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Here is the poster for the long awaited movie featuring Ben Affleck as Batman and Henry Cavill as Superman.

youtube.com

youtube.com

youtube.com

*SPOILER ALERT*

Release Date: March 25, 2016

MPAA Rating: PG-13

Director: Zack Snyder

Writing Credits: Chris Terrio

Stars: Ben Affleck (Batman), Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Henry Cavill (Superman), Jesse Eisenberg (Lex Luthor), Amy Adams (Louis Lane)

Our Rating: B-

After months of waiting  for DC’s superhero film, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” finally made its way into movie theaters around the world. However, the movie was not as good as expected. The movie managed to create a good base for future films but some aspects of the movie might have been disappointing.

As the movie begins, we get a hint of the destruction Superman’s spat with Zod caused. For some reason, Bruce Wayne [Ben Affleck] appeared to be at Metropolis and resents Superman for causing significant damage. Antagonist Lex Luthor [Jesse Eisenberg] manages to bring Wayne and Clark Kent [Henry Cavill] together at a party where the tension between the two is already felt. Eisenberg does an excellent job of playing Lex Luthor in all of his insanity and endless chatter. Amid the escalating tension, Wonder Woman walks in to Wayne’s life with an air of suspense and Batman finds out her secret.

While Batman is busy finding out things about Wonder Woman, he stumbles upon a few files on other members of the DC Comics: Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman. They seem to have been forcefully put into to film out of nowhere. It feels as if DC is rushing things a little bit.

“I think that DC made a great movie; but that maybe they could’ve put in a little more effort,””

— freshman Kevin Alvarez said.

Despite all of its poorly thought out parts, DC came out with a decent movie that will hopefully set the stage for better ones to come. Ben Affleck managed to meet the high expectations set for Batman after the trilogy with Christian Bale. DC should’ve waited to introduce the other superheroes, as they just all came out of the blue. Hopefully, in the future, DC will make some movies that are better.

Cameryn Padron

Cameryn Padron
Are you team Batman or team Superman?