Chicago Flea Market in Flames

Here is an air shot of the fire which caused the building to collapse

BreakingNews.com

Nicolas Schmidt, Staff Writer

On March 8, at 9:30 AM,  a fire lit up an entire business shopping at Buyer’s Flea Market. The fire engulfed hundreds of cars and hundreds businesses. The police has proceeded to investigate the cause.

Crews at the flea market trying to stop the fire.
www.chicagotribune.com

The flea market, which had been in the community for 30 years is now completely burnt. Chicagoland’s largest indoor/outdoor flea market is now gone, and the Chicago fire department has no idea why. Because of this, they have enlisted the help of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms national response team in order to be more successful when finding the cause of the fire. A mobile lab with an elite staff of experts will be set up along with special canine teams in order to try and find the cause of the fire. However, they say that the investigation will take weeks.

“I think that it is a good idea to try and find out if someone is behind this and, if so, that person should face charges as so much hard work has been lost,” freshman Kevin Alvarez said

Araceli Vazquez is seen with a sad face after losing so many things
chicago.suntimes.com

The fire has also destroyed the hard work that many people have put in to their businesses inside the flea market. Pets were also sold in their and all of those animals were sadly inside the fire and could not be rescued. Tears fell down Araceli Vazquez’s cheeks as she saw the place where she had worked for years went up in flames. She sold everything from rosary beads to parakeets but it all went up in flames.

“It’s very sad to see all of these people loose their life’s work, I hope they get it back somehow,” freshman Framil Diaz said.

One of the only good news was that no one was left inside of the building. However, many people have now been left without a job.  All of their hours of hard work have been covered by flames. Hopefully they can find a way to recover their things as quickly as possible so that they can put this entire thing behind them.