Gables’ Best Restaurants

Daymara Fernandez, Staff Writer

• The Bazille restaurant sign.

• Brasserie Central front picture.

• Brasserie Central front picture.

• Havana Harry’s restaurant front sign.

• Taco Rico Tex Mex restaurant front picture.

With students and young adults becoming more conscious of their nutrition, many restaurants are now tailored around that premise, especially in Coral Gables. Because many students are receiving a disposable income, a lot of them are willing to pay for good service and food. Whether you wish to dine out at a fancy restaurant or you want to eat somewhere with a simple menu and service, here are some alternatives close to the school that differ from the everyday McDonald’s.

The Bazille: 4130 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Coral Gables, FL 33146

Open from Monday to Sunday from eleven A.M. to nine P.M.

As a place known for their vegetarian menu and informal dining, this restaurant can be a great spot for many. According to various Yelp reviews, this place has transitioned from a more casual dining experience to a traditional restaurant feel. The staff is known to be kind and understanding, not to mention that the food is delicious. This restaurant serves a variety of foods (including vegetarian and vegan options). It does not focus on one specific style like you will see in the other restaurants. However, their best selling dishes are their salads and adaptations of meat-based dishes. Caesar Salad With Roasted Chicken tends to be a fan favorite.

For the menu click here.

Brasserie Central: 320 San Lorenzo Ave #1205, Coral Gables, FL 33146

Open from Monday to Sunday from eleven A.M. to eleven P.M.

If you are looking to dine in a restaurant with a modern twist, then this is the right fit for you. With tons of reviews claiming that the food is amazing and the staff is fantastic, there is no doubt that it is true. Many recommend Brasserie Central if you want to experience traditional French cuisine. It tends to be a hot spot for people that are careful about eating foods that are natural, organic and with no artificial flavoring or additives. On weekdays, they have different specials on popular plates. If you’re looking to eat something good, try the Steak Au Poivre or the Bouillabaisse.

For their website click here.

Caffe Vialetto: 4019 S Le Jeune Rd, Coral Gables, FL 33134

Open from Monday to Sunday from twelve P.M. to three P.M. and six P.M. to ten P.M.

With many restaurants defining what it means to serve Italian cuisine, it is difficult to pick which reigns supreme. This one, however, deserves recognition. Due to construction in the area, the restaurant unfortunately ends up overlooked by many hungry customers. Nonetheless, it is a great place to celebrate a special occasion due to its calm atmosphere, great selection of dishes and charming staff. They have two main menus: dinner and lunch. Their most defined dishes would be the Papardelle Short Rib and the Cowboy Steak.

For the menu and website click here.

Havana Harry’s: 4612 S Le Jeune RD, Coral Gables, FL 33146

Open from Monday to Sunday from eight A.M. to ten P.M.

With over seventy percent of Miami’s population being Hispanic, it only makes sense to tailor restaurants to fit this dominant cultural presence. Even though this restaurant does not take reservations, it holds its ground by featuring a varied menu of Cuban classics. Many say that it is a true Cuban dining experience: delicious food, good service and a nice atmosphere. This restaurant also seems to be a great hit with many students. Some of their most delectable dishes include the Homemade Empanadas and the Quinoa and Avocado Grilled Salmon Salad.

“Havana Harry’s is my favorite restaurant. It serves delicious Cuban food and the service is really great; the employees are very kind, and the restaurant has a great vibe,” freshman Sara Ebrahimi said.

For the menu and website click here.

Taco Rico Tex Mex Cafe: 473 S Dixie Hwy, Coral Gables, FL 33146

Open from Monday to Sunday from eleven A.M. to ten P.M.

Also serving vegetarian dishes, this place is great for families with kids and students of all ages. The food is all freshly made, with quick service and great taste. Styling their menu to Mexican cuisine, not only are their plate selections amazing but students also seem to find the restaurant really appealing. They serve many Mexican dishes, like quesadillas, tacos, burritos and fajitas. Some of their most acclaimed plates are the Cheese Only Quesadillas and the Beef and Bean Burrito.

“Personally tacos are my favorite food in this planet, and I love that place so much. Their food is great and the prices are reasonable. The restaurant itself is small but cozy,” freshman Kaitlyn Duardo said.

For their website click here.

Not only have many of our students tried their food, but thousands of Google and Yelp reviews rave about it. If you are eating with friends and family, or just by yourself, the restaurants mentioned above are all great options to try. So if you want to eat something other than the typical school lunch, try a Beef and Bean Burrito at Taco Rico Tex Mex Cafe, or some Caesar Salad With Roasted Chicken at The Bazille. We assure you that you will not regret it.