Post-Thanksgiving Remedies

Dec 1, 2015

After embracing a delectable, crispy turkey at Thanksgiving, most people can’t help but stuff themselves with calories. In the aftermath of the deliciousness, many tend to wonder how they can lose that turkey stuffing. The following are three great ways to help get back in shape in time for that Christmas dinner!

Squats

Squat until you see the results you desire!
http://www.newhealthadvisor.com

Squats are an easy and quick way to shape your lower body in the matter of a month! By simply doing about 50 squats a day after dinner, before going to bed or in your exercise routine will help you achieve the muscular and toned legs you’ve always longed for! With multiple crouches a day, you can strengthen the muscles of the thighs, hips and buttocks. Remember to bend down in a perpendicular angle to your feet so that your calf can be exercised. Click on this video for more information on how to squat properly.

“Squats are an awesome way to start my workout routine and assure me that I can progressively see pleasing and toning results in my legs,” freshman Ericka Eusebio said.

Running 

Run until you feel the calorie burn!
http://www.misathletique.com
Run until you feel the calorie burn!

Although jogging seems like a tiring exercise, it is  possibly the most undemanding and effective way to lose those Thanksgiving appetizers. In fact, it is the second most useful way to burn calories per minute. With a daily mile run throughout your neighborhood before dinner, you are set to build leg muscle and set those calories ablaze! Also, running can also be a great way to relieve any Black Friday shopping stress. For more tips on running click here.

Yoga 

Relaxing yoga session by the bay!
http://radiance-yoga.tumblr.com/
Relaxing yoga session by the bay!

As possibly the most calm way to be in shape, yoga is a soothing way to burn 200 calories per hour. Since that doesn’t even cover half the calories in most meals, it is recommended to do some cardio with it. In addition to that, there are different yoga lessons with various levels of intensity. Depending on what yoga you’re doing, the frequency of it can be determined. Yoga helps many reach their inner peace and that can be very helpful after any Thanksgiving stress! To get more details on the types of yoga and their purposes click on this article.

Although many eat a bit extra on Thanksgiving, try to exercise regardless! All these are simple methods to being the healthy version of yourself. Healthy meals are also recommended so that you never lose your healthy gloss. Gobble gobble, it’s time to lose the Thanksgiving gravy!

View Comments(1)

Photo of Maria F. Estrada
Maria F. Estrada, Editor-in-Chief

Maria Estrada is a senior in the International Baccalaureate program at Coral Gables Senior High who loves a good debate and cup of coffee. As her role...

• S

Smithf292Dec 3, 2015 at 6:33 am

This web site really has all the information and facts I wanted about this subject and didn’t know who to ask. caeeefaccecgbfek

Reply
1