How to Have a Productive Spring Break

Students are ready for the week-long break after a long period of hard work.

Cavan Wilson

Cavan Wilson, Staff Writer

With three quarters of the school year gone, most students are ready to collapse come Spring Break. However, it is important to remain productive during Spring Break so that you are still prepared for exams when you get back. One week may not seem like a lot, but it is plenty of time to forget what you have learned. Here are a few things you can do over Spring Break to make sure you don’t spend it all “catching Z’s.”

Work Ahead: Everyone wants to forget about school over breaks, but it is pertinent that you keep up with your schoolwork. You will probably be assigned some homework for the break and it would be best to not have to do it all on the day you get back to school. Working ahead on your homework and schoolwork can better prepare you for when you return to class. Not to mention, it will keep you ahead of the game.

Make sure that you don’t procrastinate over Spring Break. You aren’t going to be able to do a good job on everything if you try to get it done at the last minute, so be sure to do your work little by little.

— freshman Yvanna Cajina

Review: School started about seven months ago and a lot of information has been thrown at you. Spring Break is the last long break you will have before the end of school and the perfect time to go over some things you learned earlier in the school year. Not only will this help refresh your brain, but you will also be better prepared for the exams that are only about a month or two away. Reviewing information can be a great tool to help you succeed in your final exams.

Be Active: It is equally important to go outside and enjoy the fresh air after you have had your nose in a textbook. Being active will help you stay fit throughout the rest of the school year as well as give you some motivation to get through the coming months. It has been shown that being active can help you do better in academics. Keep this in mind when you are trying to make the grade.

“I like to go biking during Spring Break as well as climb trees and go swimming. I really enjoy doing these activities because I love nature and want to take advantage of the time I have to be outside during the break,” senior Karel Amor said.

Go on Vacation: Everyone is also very stressed as the school year winds down. Going on a vacation might be just what you need to relax. Spring Break is a great time to go on a vacation because it is a week long so you don’t need to scramble to wherever you are going and back before school starts again. Take this opportunity to spend time with your family and share some experiences with them. You are sure to have a lot of fun and come back refreshed and ready for the last few months of school.

“Going to the beach is one of my favorite things to do over Spring Break. I like going to beaches because I can feel…relaxed,” sophomore Emily Rivera said.

Do Something Educational: School doesn’t have to be the only place where you can learn. Spring Break is the perfect time to learn a new skill or finally finish that book you wanted to read. There are many great educational opportunities that this break offers. You can go to a museum and learn about some things that interest you or take the chance to catch up on some volunteer hours. Either way, you are having fun and culturing yourself along the way.

These activities can ensure that you have a great time over Spring Break while still preparing for the rest of the school year. You will have lots of fun and might even help yourself get a better score in the exams right around the corner. Following these tips can ensure that your Spring Break is valuable and a blast.