Cavaliers Light Up Coral Park in Blowout Game!

Cavaliers roasted the Rams at the game this past Saturday.

Samantha Valero

Samantha Valero, Staff Writer

On October 25, the Cavaliers set off to face their opponents, the Coral Park Rams, at Tropical Park. The game began at 4:00 p.m., and the Cavaliers started up their BBQ and torched the Rams; the final score was 54-0.

“Sometimes playing down to a team you’re supposed to beat can be difficult, but we stayed focused and won,” offensive lineman Coach Miller said.

In the first quarter, Voshon “Bubba” Waders (#17) and Damon Fuller (#81) connected on a 43-yard pass.  The Cavaliers struck first and took an early lead with a score of 7-0. Two minutes later, Shaquery Wilson (#7)  scored a touchdown on a 35-yard run, bringing the score to 14-0. Later in the quarter, Amir Rasul (#34) found the end zone on a 5-yard run, bringing the first quarter to an end with a whopping score of 21-0. Rasul (#34) started off the second quarter with a 4-yard touchdown run, increasing the lead to 28-0.  The Cavaliers continued the attack through the air as Waders completed a 21-yard pass to Jaylin Clarke-McNatte (#85), scoring yet another touchdown.  The first half ended with a score of 34-0.

“The game was really fun, although there weren’t a ton of people there. Everyone was so pumped up, and I’m so glad we won,” freshman Hannah Prado said

Rasul opened up the third quarter by ripping off a 35-yard touchdown run, and the Cavaliers continued to widen the gap from the Rams with a score 40-0.  With 35 seconds left in the quarter, Rasul broke loose for a 54-yard touchdown – the fourth time he found the end zone. Rasul had an impressive afternoon; he gained 195 yards and four touchdowns on 14 touches.  The third quarter ended with a score of 47-0.  In the fourth quarter, freshman running back Nicklaus Meklange (#42) charged up the middle on a 42-yard touchdown run, ending the game with a score of 54-0.

“We expected this. We were facing an easy opponent, and our aim was to correct all three phases – offence, defense and special teams – to get ready for the playoffs. It was an exceptional appearance of the Cavalier nation … Hopefully we have the stands filled even more [for the next game]. I want to give a shoutout to my ‘fat boys’ and my offensive line, who played an important part …  Go Cavs,” left tackle Andy Moreira (#79)  said.

Join us next week on Thursday, October 30, 2014 when the Cavaliers (3-1) take on the the Miami Beach High Tides (1-3) at Memorial Stadium on the beach at 7:00 p.m.  This is the last district game before the playoffs begin – let us go out and remind the opposition to ‘fear the Cavalier.’