Top 4 Photo Editing Apps

Lane Morris, Staff Writer

• Top left to right: Superimpose, Afterlight Bottom left to right: Perfect365, VSCO Cam

• Original Photo

• Superimpose

• Afterlight

• Perfect365

• VSCO Cam

As Apple recently announced, there will be 1,000,000 apps in the Appstore as of Oct. 22, 2014, making it more difficult to know which one is right for you. Below are some photo editing apps that are sure to enhance your photographs.

• Superimpose:

Cost: $0.99

Merriam Webster defines the word superimpose as “to place or lay [something] over something else”; the Superimpose app does just that. You can edit and photoshop like a pro without having to invest in expensive equipment or software. Just taps away is an app that lets you crop your face over Beyoncé’s or add hearts around a picture of you and your boyfriend.

Our Rating: 5 stars

• Afterlight:

Cost: $0.99

This app is great for adding fun effects to pictures, making them perfect for social media sites such as Instagram. With 15 adjustment features, 59 unique filters, 66 natural textures and 128 frames, what more could you want?

Before I post on Instagram I always look through the filters on Afterlight.

— senior Jessie Wang

Our Rating: 4 1/2 stars

• Perfect365:

Cost: FREE

Have you ever seen a picture of yourself and wished you had put on some mascara? Well, this app lets you add makeup to a picture so you can have makeup 365 days year-round. It recognizes your face and lets you add mascara, whiten teeth and can even make it look like you were wearing eye shadow all along.

Our Rating: 3 stars

• VSCO cam: 

Cost: FREE

A great camera and editing tool, this app also has an online photo sharing experience on the side. It offers a lot of great features as a free app; although, as a photo sharing app, it still needs some work.

Our Rating: 4 1/2 stars

“It’s my favorite app and I’m proud to say that I discovered it before it became popular. I use it for literally every single photo. I love how you can share the photos you take on the app because I really like photography and looking at other people’s pictures,” sophomore Sofia Quevedo said.

Before you share a photo, make sure to check out these apps and their features.