Party Animal!

Lane Morris

Be the party animal!

Lane Morris, Staff Writer

Parties are a lot of fun, but they can become stressful with all the planning that has to be done. The best way to calm down is to take a seat, get organized, and make sure that you have the key crucial components that are important to plan a party. Below is a list of the main components necessary for throwing the party of the year!

1. Decide on a theme: Making sure that the amount of people you invited fits the space so that you can avoid having a large group in too small of a space. This way no one feels too cramped or too spaced out.  Also, send out invitations 3-4 weeks in advance so that the people you invite have time to see if they can go and buy the appropriate outfit.

2. Set the mood: Having fun decorations and good lighting helps people get into the party mood. “I always enjoy when parties are ‘tricked out’ because it gives the party a cooler feel,” said freshman Holden Payne.  Interesting decorations will help keep the party from looking “boring”  or “lame”.

3. Have the RIGHT food: It’s best to go with bite size food because it’s not messy. Pizza, mini burgers, chicken nuggets, chips and salsa, or people pitching in to buy food all work. It’s always good to have many drinks for a party, like soda, juice, and water.

4. Make a playlist: No one likes awkward silences at parties. Therefore, it is crucial to always have music playing. Upbeat music helps set the party’s mood. Sometimes, a DJ is a good idea, so that there is no need to worry about choosing music. Some good party songs are “Wake Me Up” by Avicii and “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus. “Stay The Night” by Zedd is one of my favorite songs that always puts me in the party mood,”  said freshman Sofia Quevedo.

5. Games: Having games ready just in case the party becomes dull is always a good idea.  Games help  loosen people up. A game that is perfect for parties is “I Never”. First, everyone gets in a circle and everyone has 10 pieces of candy. Go around the circle saying things that you’ve never done – for instance, “I’ve never been to Washington,” or “I’ve never eaten cheese.” Anyone who’s done that thing eats a piece of their candy. The winner is whoever eats all their candy first.

These tips will make sure your party is a success. As long as you follow these steps, your party will surely be great! As Junior Aliyah Symes put it, “Lets go Party!”