A Worldly Girl

Every single person you see, or interact with, or pass by, has a story. You might not think twice about them but everyone has a past, everyone has experiences that shape them into who they are today. Sometimes it’s good to just step back and look at things from another person’s point of view. Get a feel of what it’s like to be them and you’d be amazed to realize that the world doesn’t revolve around you. You might be inspired or touched by that person’s life, who knows it might change your own.

Ines Hadj-Merabet is a 14 year old French/Muslim. She’s  a sophomore at Coral Gables Senior High School. Ines was born and raised in Lyon, France until she was 9 years old. She has one older brother and one younger brother. Ines visited Dubai often while she lived in Lyon, once she even lived there for 3 months. She really loved it there and said it was really nice and luxurious. Ines says the one thing she misses the most about France is the food. From crepes to cheeses, and meats to homemade meals, Ines loves French food.

Ines is also an unorthodox Muslim. She visits her Mosque frequently but says there’s a lot of restrictions. You have to cover your head, you can’t eat pork, you can’t drink alcohol, and for women you can’t show the skin of your arms.

Ines has traveled a lot throughout her life. She’s been to Morocco, Kenya, Mexico, Canada, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland, and many states in North America. She really wants to visit Thailand, Brazil, and Australia. Ines aspires to become an actress on Broadway.

“I would really like to be a famous celebrity when I grow up,” said Ines.

After interviewing Ines I noticed how cultural and worldly her life was. I would have never thought of her life being so adventurous and fun. I’ve definitely learned that every student has a story.