Gables Seniors Take Over Orlando!

Gables Seniors Take Over Orlando!

Students visited Universal Studios during their Grad Bash trip.

Guiliana Garces

Guiliana Garces

Guiliana Garces

Guiliana Garces, Staff Writer

Grad Bash, a three-day graduation trip, comprise of the senior class to Hollywood Studios, Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios in Orlando. Students thoroughly enjoyed this mini adventure with their friends, especially since Gables is one of the few schools that does a two-night, three-day trip. However, this year was the first time Grad Bash featured Hollywood Studios as a theme park and students had various opinions regarding its addition.

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

On the first day, seniors excitedly stepped on the bus on their way to the first park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With famous rides like The Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster, students awaited a fun adventure at this amusement park. The Slinky Dog rollercoaster was said to be fun, especially for those who do not like loops or extreme rollercoasters yet still enjoy the excitement of rides. The Tower of Terror was a hit amongst Gables students, seeing as people rode it twice or more. The thrill of shooting up and down on the haunted elevator made students experience an exciting rush of adrenaline. Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster was a more extreme indoor rollercoaster featuring loops and tremendous speed. Although these rides were high quality, Hollywood Studios lacked in the number of rides offered throughout the park. At the end of the day, most students found themselves walking around the park with not much to do.

ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE

Islands of Adventure is definitely a favorite for many Gables students. After hopping off the bus, seniors ran straight to the Hulk, a fast and thrilling rollercoaster. Students explained that it gives you an adrenaline rush like no other. There were also many 3-D or 4-D rides that the students enjoyed such as The Amazing Spiderman or Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. The long lines did not stop students from experiencing every unforgettable ride.

“The long lines were definitely worth it. Islands is a place like no other. You will never get bored of the park because it has so many rides and they’re all super fun,” senior Julianna Delgado said.

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

On the third day of Grad Bash, the seniors visited Universal Studios. Universal is notorious for the thrilling rollercoaster, RipRide Rockit. Many Gables students ran straight to this rollercoaster along with many of the teachers. Some say the ride is scarier than the Hulk, although many Hulk-enthusiasts disagree. Students loved 3-D and 4-D rides like The Minion ride. Towards the end of the day in the park, many students were very tired from the long adventure, but still enjoyed their stroll at City Walk.

“My favorite ride at Universal Studios was definitely RipRide Rockit. The feeling when you are literally at a 90-degree angle, slowly going up to the drop is such an indescribable nerve-racking feeling,” senior Yohanet Perez said.

Overall students had a great time at Grad Bash and enjoyed each park. Although the first park lacked in quantity of rides, students still enjoyed the thrilling experiences and beautiful sights.

Guiliana Garces, Staff Writer

Guiliana “Gigi” Garces is a senior in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program at Coral Gables Senior High School. As a new member of the CavsConnect...