Fall Fun Starts Now

Ana Capiro

As Fall comes right around the corner, there are many exciting activities to attend and places to see in Miami.

Anthony Russo, Staff Writer

Fall in Miami is upon us, and this time of the year is different for us in in comparison to the rest of the world. It’s still a tad bit hot and our leaves don’t exactly change color, but these next three months are a great time to brush off our summer rhythm and find new things to do this fall season.

Coral Gables Senior High’s very own Gablettes will be hosting their own event this year, called the Annual Gablette Fall Fest. This would be the first of many moving forward for the Gablettes. The event will include a variety of local vendors, artists, crafts and a pumpkin patch. The pumpkin patch will be set up for pictures and will have a contest for kids to decorate pumpkins and compete in. The event will take place on October 19th from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM on the school’s track.

Another  thing to add to your agenda would have to be the new Miami Beach Pop Festival coming to town this November. This new festival is going to be a taste of good, clean fun featuring Chance the Rapper, Jack Johnson, Daddy Yankee and Kygo. This event will debut on the white sand of Miami Beach on the eighth of November, complete with food and beverages on-site, all thanks to culinary host Michael Schwartz. He will be responsible for creating a menu that represents Miami’s delicious and diverse culture.

If a festival isn’t quite your style then there is also the annual Miami Book Fair. This event takes place from the 17th to the 24th of November on the Miami-Dade campus. This week long event celebrates literature through the use of a massive outdoor street festival. During this week hundreds of authors and readers travel to South Florida for the literary festival. Some note-worthy guests will be former Vice-President Joe Biden, politician and author Don Rather and so many more.

I’m really looking forward to the fall season and experiencing all the new events, especially the all the festivals.

— sophomore Daniel Michael

If you like to spend your fall season in a more traditional way, then there’s the Coconut Grove Pumpkin Patch Festival. This festival will take place from October 26th to the 27th. Besides coming back in full strength, this years festival will be bringing some exciting new additions. This year’s event will have a pumpkin themed bar, along with a brand new food court. As for the events you’ll find it hard to not be excited as they boast about an abundance of carnival rides, a pumpkin decorating tent, face painting and even a cornstalk maze.

“I personally attended the Pumpkin Patch festival last year and was quite impressed by it, I am looking forward to see how they will up their game from last year,” freshmen John Maderoes said.

Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is another popular place to visit during the fall season. Vizcaya was constructed in 1914 through 1922. This famous tourist site has become well known for its  incredible structures, and its gorgeous gardens. This family friendly tourist attraction is a must if you are trying to enjoy this fall season to the fullest.

To round off all these great events, we’ll end with the Junior Orange Bowl Parade. This event shows off marching bands, colorful floats, and the spirit of the community, as they take the streets of downtown Coral Gables. Created for children and families, this event marches right through Thanksgiving weekend. It’s not unfamiliar to catch celebrities take part in the event; last year’s parade was hosted by Flo-Rida.

All in all this fall season is packed with very promising and exciting events throughout the next three months. From festivals and  book fairs, to parades and museums, this fall season promises to not leave you hanging dry.