Did Ezra Miller Cross A Line?

Ezra+Miller+at+the+2017+Comi-Con+discussion+panel.+

Gage Skidmore

Ezra Miller at the 2017 Comi-Con discussion panel.

Emma Garcia, Staff Writer

On April 5, a video of Ezra Miller choking a fan and pinning them to the ground surfaced on Twitter. The incident occurred in Iceland at bar called Prikio Kaffihus that Miller frequently attends. Many were confused as to why Miller acted aggressively.

Many sides of the stories have come up since the incident, but so far Miller has not commented. Ezra Miller is very well known in the movie industry for appearing in “The Perks of Being A Wallflower”, “Justice League” and the “Fantastic Beasts” franchise. Since Miller is so well known, Twitter was quick to realize who it was in the video.

A witness at the bar recently came forward explaining what they saw. The witness stated that two fans approached Miller after noticing the actor. It was said that the fans were being “quite pushy”. Shortly after, an argument broke out leading to Miller choking the fan, which prompted employees working at the bar to jump in before the situation escalated more. Besides that witness report, many on Twitter believe that the incident could have been the fan and the actor playing around.

“I saw a lot of people on Twitter canceling Ezra Miller and saying their career is over, which is very sad, but we don’t know what truly happened,” sophomore Julian Mesa said.

There is not much context on the video so many are not quite sure what to believe, but as of right now, it seems that Ezra Miller’s career has taken a big hit. Miller was set to play “The Flash” in the upcoming movie in 2022, but the director tweeted a something suspicious, which led fans to believe that Miller might not play “The Flash” after all.

Of course, other celebrities had something to say about the behavior. “On My Block” actor Diego Tinoco, who plays Caeser Diaz, tweeted how disrespectful Miller was and how “people get so clouded up in their heads with vanity”.

“It was inappropriate and celebrities especially should know better than to choke anyone unless it’s self-defense,” senior Sophia Campos said.

Quickly after the incident occurred, dozens of memes arose from internet users, which of course has the Twitter public laughing. Again, many do not know what happened and have decided not to give their opinion, but from what has been seen so far, many were not pleased with Miller and are in shock with this supposed irresponsible behavior.

Content Warning: Shows violence that some may find unsuitable.

E! News