Class of 2017 visits Islands of Adventure

Albany Muria, Editor

• These four ladies admire the scenery at the Last Continent Island.

• 7 sophomores didn’t miss out on the opportunity to take a picture at the Wizardly World of Harry Potter

• GoPro is the way to go! These students take a picture to keep as a memory

On March 6, the Class of 2017 sophomores arrived on campus at 5:15 a.m. to board a bus to Orlando’s Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Four teachers, Mrs. Noval, Mrs. Landsea, Ms. Cosgrove and Mrs. Barrow, accompanied the students on this exciting adventure!

Soon after making a quick stop for breakfast at Fort Pierce, Cavaliers finally arrived at the much anticipated location. Entering the theme park, students entered the Marvel Super Hero Island, and the first attraction many went to was the Incredible Hulk rollercoaster and the Amazing Adventures of Spider-man.

“It was my first time riding the Hulk. It was a great roller coaster, I would definitely go back,” sophomore Kylie Wang said.

Heading towards the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, many students went directly to the Dragon Challenge. The cloudy skies made the scenery appear more realistic. Butter Beer was the next snack stop for every Harry Potter fan. For the thrill and simulation fans, the newest addition, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, was not to be forgotten.

“The Harry Potter part of the park was like having a book come to life. Amazing! I didn’t want to get out,” sophomore Kimberly Molina said.

For those that wanted a water ride adventure, Toon Lagoon did the job. Dudley Do Right’s Ripsaw Falls, along with Popeye and Bluto Blinge-Rat Barges, were go-to rides in this location. Students came out soaking wet as a result.

At 5 p.m., the sophomores were to meet at the entrance of the park. Headed back to Miami, the sophomores experienced the adventure of a lifetime!