FBLA Plans for the Upcoming Year

Daniela Quijano

FBLA Board meets at the beginning of the school year to plan the upcoming year.

Daniela Quijano, Editor

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) is already preparing for the upcoming year with exciting implementations to the club.

Having already conducted their first meeting, the FBLA board members already have the upcoming year planned out. The central project for the club will be the “Geek Squad”, a coalition with the technology crew at Gables aiming to offer computer repairs at a competitive cost, in order to help students and the Gables community.

“We will be able to fix most software and hardware problems for desktops and laptops at a competitive cost. The reason why we are able to charge less than the traditional repair service is that we take out the additional charge of labor because it will be volunteer workers,” senior David Pujol said.

Furthermore, since FBLA’s main focus is to adequately prepare students to pursue a career in business, a total of five seminars will take place at Gables so that FBLA students can experience what it takes to be in the business. Each seminar will be directed by an experienced businessperson who can adequately mentor students in the hardships of the modern-day world.

“We are going to have a business seminar where we will bring actual business leaders in our community to give us a first hand look at the business world,” FBLA President Marcos Balsera said.

Also, FBLA will “adopt” the Ponce De Leon Middle School, Carver Middle School and South Miami Middle School’s chapters of FBLA in the hopes to foster leadership skills and community awareness at the middle school level, and hopefully inspire younger kids to take on a career in business in the future. Anyone who wishes to learn about business is highly encouraged to join FBLA, especially considering all of the new events the club has planned to offer!