Catharsis Ranked All-American

Catharsis, the literary & art magazine, has been ranked All American by the National Scholastic Press Association for Volume 3, published in May 2012. This is one of the highest achievements possible for a literary magazine and the Catharsis staff has earned this prestigious title in just three short years.

Catharsis was started three years ago in the 2009-2010 school year by Madeline Cowen, Alexa Langen, Sophia Aitekn, and their adviser, Ms. Camile Betances (Creative Writing teacher). Through hard work, dedication, and countless hours, the magazine program has grown here at CGHS.

The staff consists of 33 students and all worked hard on Volume 3. The following students deserve special recognition as the core group who created this amazing publication:

Editor-in-chief: Madeline Cowen; Literary Editor: Alexa Langen; Layout Editor: Sophia Aitken; Layout Editor: Isaac Andino

Layout Team: Katya Sarria, Paulina Picciano, Rinita Rasheed, Anadaniela Garcia, and Elizabeth Michelle Gonzalez

Section Editors: Anadaniela Garcia, Marianne Eisenhart, Jonathan Leal, and Tarilyn Tayor.

Congratulations to the entire 2011-2012 staff on an incredible job well done!

To see the award winning issue, head on over to the Catharsis web site where the online archives can be viewed.