Spring Breakers: Cav Edition

Adriana Meijaard, Staff Writer

Although spring break came and went faster than expected, many of us enjoyed the sunny days at the beach trying to get our summer tans before summer truly begins. However, our fellow Cavaliers Sara Ebrahimi, Bowen Murley and Alex Yelamos had the privilege to travel and experience other cultures.

Sara Ebrahimi
Ebrahimi poses in Spain.

Sara Ebrahimi, a freshman in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, flew to the artistic and architecturally interesting city of Barcelona, Spain. Just a couple of hours away, she and her family drove to Valencia, Spain where they were able to meet with family friends and sightsee. When staying in Málaga, she was able to go to the beach and drive to neighboring cities. On her trip, Sara visited the famous Alhambra Palace in Granada, Spain. “It was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen,” Ebrahimi said. On a later road trip, traveled to Gibraltar, a British Overseas Territory that is 2.6 square miles. At its highest point, Ebrahimi was able to see two continents at the same time: Europe and Africa. Sara’s most notable moment in Gibraltar was visiting the native monkeys. “I was taking a picture of my mom with a monkey and it almost bit her finger; it was super funny,” Ebrahimi said.

Bowen Murley
Murley visits Chicago.

Bowen Murley, a sophomore in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, went to Chicago, Illinois with her mom. While in the city, Bowen stopped by Chicago’s Art Institute and took a stroll in downtown Chicago. Sightseeing with her cousin as a tour guide, Bowen took a 30-minute drive north to the town of Evanston, where she enjoyed good food and visited “Dave’s Down to Earth Rock Shop.” Even though it was cold and windy, Murley was able to visit the Chicago Botanical Gardens and their greenhouses. “The greenhouse is where I got to see what a Chicago spring looks like since spring hasn’t actually begun there,” Murley said.

Alex Yelamos
Alex poses near Buckingham Palace in London.

Alex Yelamos, a junior in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, traveled to the historic city of London, United Kingdom. While visiting his sister, he was able to see the Victoria and Albert Museum, famous for its art and design. Just a bit north of London, Yelamos took a tour of Highgate Cemetery and stayed a few days in the town of Camden. His favorite part of the trip was getting a tattoo of a thorn based on the song “The Boy with the Thorn in His Side” by The Smiths. Even though it was rainy and grey in the city of London, he was able to spend quality time with his sister.

Although spring break has ended and early mornings commence once more, the memories of spring break will keep the spirit alive as testing season approaches.

Adriana Meijaard, Staff Writer
Adriana Meijaard, a sophomore in the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, is an actively involved student at Gables with a unique heritage, personality, and style. Coming from a family that is Cuban and Dutch, Adriana has a very diverse background, contributing to her remarkable ability to communicate fluently in Spanish, French, and Dutch. Adriana sets a...
1 Comment

One Response to “Spring Breakers: Cav Edition”

1. Smithc383 on April 13th, 2018 7:45 am

I genuinely enjoy studying on this website, it holds good content. Never fight an inanimate object. by P. J. O’Rourke. bbkcedcefkeddafc

• Spring Breakers: Cav Edition

Faculty Spotlights

Elizabeth Stack: Nationally Recognized Educator

• Spring Breakers: Cav Edition

Features

A Selfie a Day in the Life of Alexander Sutton

• Spring Breakers: Cav Edition

Features

And the Crown Goes To…

• Spring Breakers: Cav Edition

Faculty Spotlights

Welcome to the Gables Teaching Staff

• Spring Breakers: Cav Edition

Features

Holding On to Summer Travels

• Spring Breakers: Cav Edition

Features

Cavaliers Find Themselves Back On Campus

• Spring Breakers: Cav Edition

Features

Melanie Giquel’s Home Away From Home

• Spring Breakers: Cav Edition

Cavs with Character

Catching a Cav with Character: Inquirer

• Spring Breakers: Cav Edition

Club of the Month

This Week’s Induction Ceremonies

• Spring Breakers: Cav Edition

Club of the Month

International Baccalaureate Honor Society Holds Induction Ceremony!

Spring Breakers: Cav Edition