2016 General Election Results

Jan 31, 2016

Howard S. Senior

Officer-elects Albany Muria, Lane Morris, and Bhargavi Pochi pose with electorate member Kelsy Pacheco.

2016-2017 Student Council

Albany Muria, President

A rising International Baccalaureate senior, Albany Muria had been involved even before she endeavored to assume the mantle of Student Activities’s highest office, participating as an active member of the cross country team in addition to being Vice President of the Junior Class and the International Baccalaureate Honor Society. President-elect Muria is also the News Editor for CavsConnect.

For next year, I’m ecstatic to work with the rest of the Student Council board to implement ideas that come from our peers and be the voice of the whole student body within the school administration.

— Muria

As Student Council President, Muria intends to plan events and activities that will make the 2016-2017 school year as memorable as ever. She can’t wait to embark on this new experience at Gables which will ultimately fulfill her passion for representing what she’s most proud of: being a part of the Cavalier Nation.

Her board includes Vice President-elect Sabryna Gonzalez, Secretary-elect Ximena Puig, and Treasurer-elects Olivia Pelaez, Guneet Moihdeen and Maxx Schoenblatt.

2016-2017 Senior Class Board

Annie Farrell, President

President-elect Farrell can best be described as a renaissance woman. In addition to emulating the labors of Hercules, otherwise known as being a junior in the IB program, Farrell, saying nothing of her incumbent hard-fought junior class presidency, participates as the secretary of Support Our Sports (SOS) and the historian of the National Honor Society (NHS), in tandem with being an active member of Key Club, Gables Earth and the IB Honor Society (IBHS).

“I’m super excited! I can’t wait to plan the best Grad Bash and treat days for the Class of 2017,” Farrell said.

Her board includes VP-elect Jose “Pepe” Puig, Secretary-elect Carlos Mannarino, and Treasurer-elects Lane Morris, Mark Braun and Julian Perez-Hernandez.

2016-2017 Junior Class Board

Savannah Payne, President

Characterizing Savannah Payne is no easy task. The current sophomore class president, notwithstanding her active membership in on-campus activities like NHS, IBHS, SOS, Best Buddies and Gables Earth, also finds time to volunteer as a board member of an out-of-school service organization named Twenty Little Working Girls on top of participating as a dancer in Gables’s esteemed dance team, Gablettes and Co.

“I’m thrilled that I won and that I can represent my class with enthusiasm and pride. I’m excited to help all of the [rising juniors] have an awesome school year. Next year, we will be going on an amazing college tour to the Boston area. I am honored that I will take a large part in planning the tour. The Boston area hasn’t been touched by past Gables college tours so I’m pumped to offer such a cool experience to our classmates. I cannot wait for next year and all the inspiring challenges and memories that are coming,” Payne said.

Her board includes VP-elect Sara Saliamonas, Secretary-elect Juliana Balladares, and Treasurer-elects Valeria Gutierrez, Nicole de Barros and Brianna de la Osa. 

2016-2017 Sophomore Class Board

Alfredo Wolfermann, President

In addition to his gubernatorial ambitions, Alfredo Wolfermann is also active extracurricularly. As a member of the swim team, he practices every day (spare Sunday), and as a member of his youth group, he volunteers biweekly at the Alpha and Omega church and participates in the youth group band.

“I feel happy and very thankful about the win – campaigning is a great experience. As soon as I take office, I plan to continue to serve and represent the student body while planning new and fun activities that students will be interested in and enjoy. I plan to make a positive and impactful difference behind the scenes,” Wolfermann said.

His board includes VP-elect Sutton Payne, Secretary-elect Ana “Ani” Wolfermann, and Treasurer-elects Maria Fernanda Estrada, Cristian Ochoa and Natalia Torres.