Getting To Know Pooh Bear

Shakur Cooper also known as Pooh Bear loves to play football and evn enjoys helping the comminity through best Buddies!

Daniela Quijano

Shakur Cooper also known as “Pooh Bear” loves to play football and evn enjoys helping the comminity through best Buddies!

Daniela Quijano, Editor

Cavs Connect sat down with Shakur Cooper- also known as “Pooh Bear”- in order to get to know him better. This is what he had to say.

Q&A

1.What is your full name?

Shakur Cooper.

2. What Sports do you play?
Football
3. What grade are you in?
 11th grade.
4. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself? Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Coconut Grove. I went to Ponce de Leon Middle School.
5. What made you start to play football?
I was talking to Coach Pollard when I was a freshman and he just thought that I was a good kid and that I would be a great option.
6. What’s your position and number?
Outside line backer. Number 9.
7. Do you have any special things you do before games?
I just talk to a lot of the players and get them motivated to play football. We listen to music to get us ready to go play.
8. Do you have any game strategies? Tell them to me in 3 seconds. Go!!
“Ummm..” “nope… too slow!”
9. Who do you look up to and why?
I look up to my coach because he is a very positive coach and he knows what to do in the toughest situation and he’s just a positive role model.
10. Tell me about your nickname, “Pooh Bear”. It’s pretty unique; where did that come from?
It came from when I was a kid; when I was a baby I was super fat and chubby so they just called me Pooh Bear and it just stuck.
11. What’s the toughest game you’ve ever played and why was it the toughest?
The toughest game was the Columbus game. We were up 13-0 and they came back and they won, game over.
12. What do expect for the rest of the season?
For the rest of the season we expect for everyone to do their job. You know, to practice and work hard, do our assignments, and go full speed, and learn from our mistakes. So we learn from our 2 losses earlier this season.
13. Is there any moment where you had thought about quitting?
Yeah one time. It was a hard day of practice. That was right after the Columbus loss and that was that Tuesday when they just dogged up. It was just crazy.
14. Do you want to be a professional athlete? If not, what do you plan on doing?
I’m planning to become a doctor. To be a surgeon, a heart surgeon.
15. What do you do outside of football?
I do a lot of stuff. I help with the Best Buddies group. Me and Jordan we do a lot of planning and stuff like that.
16. What’s the best part about being in Best Buddies?
Just knowing that the Best Buddies people are happy. That’s what makes us happy, to know that.
17. Do you have any secret talents?
No.