Post College Admission

Seniors+sporting+their+new+college+gear+and+celebrating+their+admission.+

Emily Kay

Seniors sporting their new college gear and celebrating their admission.

Adriana Castro, Staff Writer

With the final round of college admission letters being sent, it is now time to relish in the fun and exciting part of choosing between schools and thinking about other things within the school you have chosen. This is the time for seniors to de-stress and finally get compensated for all the hard work they have put in to their college applications. As spring break also approaches, it is the perfect time to visit the colleges that have accepted you in order to help you make your final decision. Here are a few things most seniors do after receiving all of their college admission decisions.

First off, the most important step after receiving college admission decisions is deciding which college you will be attending in the fall. It is important to consider the pros and cons of every school that has accepted you while taking into consideration the cost of attending that school for you and your family. Taking the time to visit the campus of schools you are considering also helps a lot in making a decision. This is the most difficult part of the post college admission process but once the decision is made, there is a big weight off your shoulders.

Once you have made a decision on what school you will be attending for the next four years, the most exciting part of the post college admission process begins. First off, you should officially commit to the school and fill out any pending paperwork that is needed in order to secure your spot. The most common next step is filling out housing applications and finding the perfect roommate! It is important to reach out to a few people through your college’s facebook or social media pages in search of other incoming students looking for roommates. You will want to discuss each of your living preferences and lifestyles in order to avoid clashing later on.

“The most exciting part for me after I decided which school I was going to was choosing where to live. My friends and I decided to live off campus and I think it is going to be the best experience,” senior Andrea Adesso said.

A very important step that most students eagerly begin to do is buy a bunch of college gear for their specific school. It is great to go into your first semester in college with lots of school pride and the best way to show that is with college gear such as game day shirts, hoodies, sweatpants and the like. Another exciting part of the post college admission process is buying all the necessary items you will need in the fall. This depends on each person and what items they may or may not need at their specific college, but it is most common to begin shopping for dorm decor and essentials in order to make your future college as comfortable as your home. Other possibly essential things to buy include seasonal attire such as winter clothes if you are moving to a place where this is necessary.

Patrick Ales
A group of students took a tour of Harvard University and visited some classes.

In whichever way you decide to celebrate your post college admission decision, make sure you are enjoying yourself and are genuinely excited for this next journey you are about to embark on. Allow for your friends and family to also partake in this exciting time, and remember to spend as much time as possible with them as many of us do not have much time left before we are off!