And That’s The Way The Holiday Cookies Crumble

Dec 9, 2016

The holiday season has arrived, and along with it, a multitude of great holiday desserts that are just as loved as the holidays themselves. Among them, one truly stands out from the rest: the holiday cookie. A versatile treat, the cookie can be made to please anybody and bring instant holiday cheer. This winter season, these three recipes are a sure way to bring out the best of the holidays all month long.

Sugar cookies are a timeless classic all days of the year
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ oakleyoriginals/5343442016
Sugar cookies are a timeless classic, for every day of the year

The Sugar Cookie – The Sweet Classic

Although sugar cookies are popular every day of the year, they have a special role during the holiday season. This cookie has found its spot in holiday traditions as an offering from children to Santa. A simple classic, the sugar cookie is well loved and easy to make, sure to be a hit with children and adults alike. To make the cookies more festive, special cookie cutters and icing can be used to decorate the cookies and give them extra holiday cheer. To make someone’s day a little sweeter, the recipe for the cookies can be found here.

“My favorite way of spreading holiday cheer is with Christmas sugar cookies. Each year, my friend holds a cookie party where we customize our own,” sophomore Karina Wu said.

Hot chocolate cookies provide an interesting twist on a classic drink.
https://www.tastemade.com/videos/hot-chocolate-cookies

Hot Chocolate Cookies – Warming Up to the Season

The hot chocolate cookie brings two beloved holiday treats together in an incredible fusion that is sure to please anyone. This unique cookie has a decadent chocolate base and is topped with a marshmallow, resembling a hot chocolate drink. The cookies are best served warm, when the marshmallow has been toasted and the chocolate is still warm and gooey. Having a plate of hot chocolate cookies at a holiday party is a sure way to impress a crowd, or to really surprise a secret santa. To make these non-traditional, yet delicious, holiday treats, find the recipe here.

Gingerbread cookies are timeless classic.
http://www.freestockphotos.biz/ stockphoto/9153
Gingerbread cookies are a timeless classic.

Gingerbread – Spicing Things Up

Gingerbread is probably the most iconic holiday cookie of them all. From gingerbread men to gingerbread houses, this cookie is a holiday staple. Spiced and flavorful, these cookies warm the heart and stomach. While this recipe may be a little more complicated, it is a great way to practice your baking skills while preparing for all of the festivities that December has to offer. One of the best qualities of the dough is its ability to be shaped in so many forms, making it truly versatile, so the cookies can suit any occasion. However, decorating the cookies is essential, and makes for a great way to spend time with friends before the holidays. Find the recipe here.

“Gingerbread cookies are probably my favorite holiday cookie because they are delicious and really bring out the holiday season,” freshman Emily Kay said.

Don’t forget to brighten up this holiday season by trying out any of these recipes. From the kitchen to the school’s halls, these cookies are sure to be incorporated into holiday traditions.