Fourth of July Places to Be!

Jake Paz

Make the best out of this Fourth of July by going to one of the many patriotic events going on this year.

Mariam Ahumada, Lifestyle Editor

Food, parades, fireworks – an American tradition! The fourth of July is a celebration of freedom, liberty and American patriotism and no place does it quite like Miami. But with so many places to go, deciding where to join in on all the festivities can be difficult. Luckily, here you have the four most talked about places to see the rockets’ red glare!

America’s Birthday Bash at Bayfront Park: Witness one of the largest firework displays right in the heart of downtown Miami. From food and drinks to a Kids’ Zone, Bayfront Park has it all!

Where? Bayfront Park 301 N. Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33132

Activities/Schedule:

• 10 a.m.     Park opens
  • 2 p.m.       Live music begins
  • 3 p.m.       Sam Adams Garden
  • 3 – 7 p.m. Kids Zone
  • 9 p.m.       Fireworks

How Much? FREE

Parking? There is limited, paid parking, but parking at the Bayside Marketplace next door is also available.

For more information visit Bayfront Park Management Trust.

When I was younger, it was our tradition to go to Bayside and watch the fireworks so I’ve always really enjoyed the Fourth of July. Even though I wasn’t born in the U.S., I’ve lived here for the past 16 years of my life and I’m so proud to have been raised here.

— junior Maybel Cerrato said.

Miami Beach Fire on the Fourth Festival: Get a feel of American patriotism, while enjoying yourself at the beach. Join in on Miami Beach’s all-day festival with live music, yoga, food trucks and fireworks!

Where? North Shore Park Bandshell at 73rd Street and Collins Avenue. If you plan on watching the fireworks from the beach, remember to get there early and claim a spot.

Activities/Schedule?

• 9 a.m.       Green Monkey Yoga on the Beach
  • 11 a.m.      Food Trucks
  • 12 p.m.     DJ
  • 5 p.m.       Family Stone
  • 7:30 p.m. Grand Funk Railroad
  • 9 p.m.       Fireworks

How Much? FREE

For more information on the activities at Miami Beach visit News @ City of Miami Beach.

Key Biscayne 4th of July Parade and Fireworks: If you want to try something new, Key Biscayne is the place to be! The Key Biscayne parade gives a new twist to Fourth of July festivities with flying jets, marching golf carts, flag colored floats and endless entertainment!

When? Festivities start at 11 a.m. sharp!

Where? The parade starts at Crandon Boulevard, Harbor Drive and will go all the way to West Enid Drive. The festivities will continue at Kiwanis Picnic on the Village Green following the parade, and the Fireworks will be held at 9:00 p.m. from the Village Green.

How Much? FREE

For more information check out Key Biscayne 4th of July Parade.

City of Coral Gables July 4th Fireworks Celebration at the Biltmore Hotel:  For those who enjoy big firework displays, Biltmore Hotel organizes shows that are nothing less than spectacular. So join in on Biltmore’s live concert and fireworks this Fourth of July!

Where? Biltmore Hotel, 1200 Anastasia Avenue

When? Grounds open at 5 p.m., live concert at 7 p.m. and fireworks show at 9 p.m.

How Much? FREE

Where to Park? There will be free parking and continuous shuttle service throughout the evening to and from the Biltmore Hotel.

For more information on the shuttle service and the specifics of the event visit City of Coral Gables 4th of July Celebrations.

“On Fourth of July, I have gone to Palmer Park in South Miami to celebrate and watch the fireworks. Honestly, it’s really nice with everyone standing or sitting out on the baseball field watching the fireworks. In the years I’ve gone, I’ve undoubtedly loved the fireworks display,” sophomore Yanik Ariste said.

The Fourth of July is a celebration of all that makes America great, so don’t limit yourself to only at-home festivities. Make this Fourth of July a holiday to remember!