Adriana Baumann: The Adventurist

a photo of adriana Baumann in her dance attire

Natalie De La Rosa, Staff Writer

Adriana Baumann recently transferred to the Coral Gables High School IB program. What brings Adriana to Gables? Adriana pursues different experiences and that is exactly what she will be doing, Gables has given permission to Adriana to attend a Semester school called Outdoor Academy which will give Adriana one adventure she will never forget.

Q: Why did you transfer schools?

I transferred from Reef because they wouldn’t let me leave to go to semester school in North Carolina but Gables lets me leave and come back for 11th grade and still be in IB.

Q: What was the best/worst part about changing schools?

I would say that the worst part was definitely leaving my friends from Reef but the best part was meeting new people and reconnecting with my friends from middle school.

Q: What do you miss most about Reef?

It was a lot of a cleaner campus but other things from Gables makeup for that.

Q:  What are your hobbies?

I dance.

Q: You have attended a school called Outdoor Academy which is a semester school, what can you tell us about it?

I haven’t attended it yet; I’m going there in January of this year.

Q: What do you look forward to?

I’m excited for the new things I’ll experience there like rock climbing and going on canoe trips and those are things I don’t do often here so I’m excited for that.

Q: What are some of the things Outdoor Academy has to offer?

Definitely a different lifestyle than I live here and a lot of my classes will be outside and I’ll be in an environment with only like 30 students and living at school, so that’s all different from what I do here.

Q: How would you compare/contrast Outdoor Academy’s curriculum to Gables?

I will be taking different classes like outdoor education and Spanish that I’ve not taken here but I’ll also be leaving behind acting, ceramics and chemistry, so it will be different.

Adriana is always up for adventure and wants to have a unique high school experience.