90’s Icon Bob Saget Passes Away at 65

Sofia Felan

With hit shows and comedy specials, Saget’s career impacted the lives of many.

Alejandra Dellano, Staff Writer

At age 65, the widely known actor and comedian Bob Saget passed away from an undefined cause in his hotel room at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes. Details on his sudden death are still being acquired by police but it goes without saying that his death has come as a shock to the world. Alongside his former co-stars and friends, fans across the world alongside his former co-stars and friends paid tribute after the news of his death broke out.

Saget, who went by the full name Robert Lane Saget, was born on May 17, 1956 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, into the Saget family which consisted of his mother, father and two sisters who sadly both passed away. Saget would later go on to advocate for Scleroderma, which is the disease that ultimately caused his sister Gay Saget’s death. Later in his life, he had three daughters: Aubrey Saget, Lara Melanie Saget and Jennifer Belle Saget with his first wife, Sherri Kramer.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by John Stamos (@johnstamos)

“Bob Saget’s death hit me hard because I loved watching full house growing up,” sophomore Nicolas Diaz.

Famously known for his prized role as Danny Tanner on the hit sitcom “Full House” and its sequel “Fuller House ”, he played one of the most celebrated on-screen dads alongside acclaimed costars like John Stamos and the Olsen Twins. Saget’s character is often described to be a little uptight and overbearing but caring towards his three girls that he raised alone alongside his brothers. His lovable character in this show is what made him a household name and what people most often recognize him for. Alongside this pinnacle of his career, he was also a host on America’s Funniest Home Videos for eight seasons in the early to late 90s.

“When I was little I remember seeing Full House with my cousin and enjoying Bob Saget’s acting. It is a shame he had to pass away,” sophomore Cleider Cartaya said.

As the years passed, Saget began to steer his career into more of a serious comedy route and left his squeaky-clean family friendly image behind. Making appearances in “Comedy Dental Roast”, a show made to essentially bring on celebrities and hold a roast session, Saget also lived a life on the road, doing what he loved by touring comedy shows across the country.

From fans who grew up watching him on their household TV screen to those who visited his live comedy shows, Saget was loved by many. Though his passing came abruptly, his memory will live on through his characters and comedy.