Dishonored

Before Dishonored 2 is released, heres a look at the original.

store.steampowered.com

Before Dishonored 2 is released, here’s a look at the original.

John Hiaasen, Staff Writer

Game Title: Dishonored

Genre: Stealth, Action, Adventure

ESRB: M

Developer: Arkane Studios

Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Playstation 3, and Xbob 360

Release Date: October 9, 2012

Our Rating: B+

On Oct. 9, 2012, a game called Dishonored was released for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. This game won multiple awards including the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), Game of the Year and the Satellite Award for Best Action/Adventure Game.

Dishonored is a stealth action game that takes place in a “Steam Punk” universe, Steam Punk is a genre that takes place in a world with steam powered technology or other alternate power methods.  As the protagonist, Corvo Attano, you must face your enemies and take them down in a variety of ways; from fighting through swarms of enemies, to flitting silently past your foes.

Dishonored
http://i.ytimg.com/

The game begins as you are “dishonored” by  fellow royal officials and framed for murder, which leads you to be thrown  in prison. You must then escape before you are executed, and wreak vengeance upon the bad guys; each one is corrupt and involved in a super secret conspiracy. The story may not be totally original but the game’s skill tree system is unique, in that instead of killing or fighting to get upgrades, you must explore.

This game is not without faults though. After a few side missions in various levels, Dishonored is not worth replaying after the game is completed. The other missions that the game offers must be paid for, and these missions have alternate endings. One of the extra content packages being sold offers a bunch of upgrades to get very far in the game, with little effort.

Dishonored
positech.co.uk

In Dishonored, the Artificial Intelligences (AI) have different settings, from being half asleep, to rocket scientists, for players who want a challenge but don’t want to face something they are not ready for.  Additionally, the game will occasionally crash so it is good to save often, and the AI’s will also glitch as well.

The game was very well received, so in 2016, Dishonored 2 will be released on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

“I would not buy it at 60 dollars but I would definitely play it; the most I would pay for it is 20 [dollars] ,” freshman Sam White said

Fortunately, on Aug. 25 2015, a “nextgen” version of Dishonored will come out called Dishonored Definitive Edition. A link to the Dishonored 2 trailer is here.

The game is very well made. Featuring an intriguing story and lore, to stealth and combat systems that require quick reflexes and paying attention to the stories. Although Dishonored is a great game, it does have flaws.