Owning Your Back-to-School Budget

Maria F. Estrada, Staff Writer

In the adventurous hunt for school supplies, our parents typically require that our purchases be “bueno, bonito, y barato” (good-quality, cute and affordable). With a low budget and a high demand, students are looking for the most affordable places to buy school supplies. Here are a few stores to try:

staples
www.staplesfoundation.org

1. Staples

With lots of supplies to offer ranging from erasable markers to scented pencils Staples has it all. Most importantly, Staples offers great deals all summer. In addition to astounding prices, they have attentive representatives to help you find whatever it is you’re looking for. Their deals range from twenty-five cent notebooks to a pack of highlighters for a dollar. To top it off, their limited-time offer allows you to receive twenty-five percent off your entire purchase if you buy a backpack.

“Throughout my high school years, Staples has always been my go-to gal when it comes to school supplies,” senior Giselle Gonzalez said.

target-school-supplies
www.target.com

2. Target

During the summer, Target is your store to purchase sunscreen on your way to the beach, but it can also be where you purchase your school supplies at a low-cost. It offers notebooks from brands like Five-Star for just seven dollars or two for six dollars; it doesn’t get better than that. Target can also be very convenient due to its accessible locations.

printer
www.officedepot.com

3. Office Depot

When it comes to back-to-school shopping, Office Depot is very dedicated to their sales. They are definitely known for their reliable way to offer caliber technological devices  you might need for the school year like a computer or tablet. Office Depot not only lowers their prices for markers, pencils and other school supplies, but also for printers. In that manner, they have sales that include five-pack Sharpie highlighters with assorted colors starting at twenty-five cents and durable Office Depot brand notebooks at $3.50 each. Office Depot’s goal is to attract their customers with dependable materials at a fantastic price.

image
www.biglots.com

4. Big Lots

As mentioned in its name, Big Lots has lots to offer with its grand variety of notebooks, pencils and colors. Undeterred by a lack of acknowledgement, Big Lots has thrived with its few faithful clients that have enjoyed their economical, quality products. Around the summer, they tend to have big savings with their package deals which are categorized by writing insturments, art supplies and more. Yearning for a larger amount of customers, they have discounts on most of their products all summer long. Even if you’re a college student in search of dorm accessories, Big Lots could definitely be your store.

“Big Lots has always been my corner store that I could count on for quality and affordable school supplies. It has anything you could ever think of for a great price,” freshman Nicole Verdesoto said.

If part of your summer goals were to save your parents some extra money or to be up-to-date with the cutest school supplies to start off the school year with enthusiasm, then these stores might be just what you need.